Schedule for 2010-2011 (tentative and incomplete)

Old Titan

Hard to believe that ORU and Valpo ADs can't come to an agreement on a home and home series....would be a lot of fun and the two teams are evenly matched mid-majors....Let's do it!....besides, it would give TheEagleman a chance to lock horns with Valpo89 and others again.... :devil::devil::devil:

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Old Titan

• theeagleman5

• ORUalum

• tmh8286

Hard to believe that ORU and Valpo ADs can't come to an agreement on a home and home series....would be a lot of fun and the two teams are evenly matched mid-majors....Let's do it!....besides, it would give TheEagleman a chance to lock horns with Valpo89 and others again.... :devil: :devil: :devil:

No real motivation for either of us to play one another. Valpo can't win in Tulsa (at least there is a paychological advantage to us) and we don't really recruit in the Chicago/Upper Midwest area that would warrant playing a game where none of our fans can get to see us play. Additionally, we can get better guarantees and RPI bumps by playing power conference teams during the non-conference schedule. We (board posters) might enjoy the matchup and it would make a nice storyline, but even some of us aren't ticket buyers which would warrant the financial reason for playing.

Ron,

while we did not play well against the bigs this year we have in the past. Have we done as much to help the league as ORU...no...but we have done our share. We have beaten a top 20 team, two wins over the Pac Ten, two wins over the big Ten, we beat Texas A M by 25 plus a couple of years ago and we have played many big boys tough. We have spanked the MAC conference with 8 wins in our last 10 games against and we have won 4 of our last 6 against the Horizon so we are doing our share.

Ron,

while we did not play well against the bigs this year we have in the past. Have we done as much to help the league as ORU...no...but we have done our share. We have beaten a top 20 team, two wins over the Pac Ten, two wins over the big Ten, we beat Texas A M by 25 plus a couple of years ago and we have played many big boys tough. We have spanked the MAC conference with 8 wins in our last 10 games against and we have won 4 of our last 6 against the Horizon so we are doing our share.

Grizz,

There are indeed some pretty impressive wins in that collection. Here's to picking up where you left off a couple of years ago. I sincerely wish you all the best in non-con play! Hopefully the inability of last year's team to beat the bigs was just an aberration. I fervently hope that whoever makes it out of the Summit will win at least one round in March. I'd be amiss if I didn't include that it'll be us. :eagles:

• 3 weeks later...
Do we get Utah back at Mabee the following year? Texas Tech?

Utah is a "guarantee game" - no return game.

But, non-conference home games for 2011-2012 should at least include Tulsa, Texas Tech, Missouri State, and Austin Peay. OU is another road game; we don't get them in Tulsa until 2012-2013.

Noted, and added to the schedule at beginning of the post.

Actually a good date for those interested in attending: the Saturday night of Thanksgiving weekend.

Nice early-season ski trip to Park City???

For me, it's a five-hour drive on Thanksgiving weekend - ROADTRIP!

If what we have so far is accurate, I'm trying to figure out how we're allowed to play 32 regular season games before reaching the conference tournament.

I think there is some sort of rule that these holiday tournaments are exempt from your 28-game-regular season total every four years, or something like that. That would explain the extra four games.

In most years, playing at least 33 games (the conference tournament opener added in) would virtually guarantee 20+ wins.

But with so many of the games this season on the road, the only thing that's for certain is a lot of Frequent Flyer miles.

Going to be tough to generate a lot of excitement on campus in November/December, with so few home games...

No return game to the Mabee Center for Utah? What a bunch of wimps!

ORU will have a good shot of winning in the Huntsman. Utah is a team in turmoil. They lost a lot of players off this years team.

Too bad ORU and UNM didn't extend their series. They played two very highly competitive games.

Jupiter Out

GO LOBOS!!

GO EAGLES!!

GOD BLESS AMERICA!!

Going to be tough to generate a lot of excitement on campus in November/December, with so few home games...

We had a great home schedule this past season, and despite the wins against Missouri and New Mexico, I don't recall the students getting too fired up before second semester.

"It is what it is" for students during November and December: Thanksgiving break, followed by finals, followed by Christmas break. They always seem to be either gone or distracted during the non-conference portion of the schedule, home or away.

I think the program needs the 75-100 grand guarantee more than we need the return game.

We play a couple of "guarantee games" like this every season - last year, it was Wake Forest and Louisville; in recent years North Carolina, Texas, USC, Georgetown, etc.

Gotta pay those bills - and every now and then, you get one like Kansas, where you steal a win AND get a $65,000 check to go along with it! :clap:

That win never gets old. Truly, a Golden moment in ORU history.

ORU will have a good shot of winning in the Huntsman. Utah is a team in turmoil. They lost a lot of players off this years team.

Too bad ORU and UNM didn't extend their series. They played two very highly competitive games.

Jupiter Out

GO LOBOS!!

GO EAGLES!!

GOD BLESS AMERICA!!

Agreed, jupiter2! It was a great series. I believe that at a recent coaches' luncheon Coach Sutton said both programs are interested, but couldn't get it to work this next season. Don't be surprised to see the series resumed some time in the future.

We had a great home schedule this past season, and despite the wins against Missouri and New Mexico, I don't recall the students getting too fired up before second semester.

"It is what it is" for students during November and December: Thanksgiving break, followed by finals, followed by Christmas break. They always seem to be either gone or distracted during the non-conference portion of the schedule, home or away.

It is always tough to generate the buzz at the beginning for some reason.

TheEagleman thinks that beating Kansas and getting a $65K check to do so might even be better than spending a night with Pam Anderson and she also picks up the dinner tab.... :P