Schedule for 2010-2011 (tentative and incomplete)

Old Titan

I guess we still owed them a game?....or will next year be the start of a new multi year series with Akron U?... :!:

I don't know the answer to your question, eagleman, but in a sense we do still "owe" them a game. Prior to 2006 we traded home games with them in 1989.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Old Titan

• theeagleman5

• ORUalum

• tmh8286

I don't know the answer to your question, eagleman, but in a sense we do still "owe" them a game. Prior to 2006 we traded home games with them in 1989.

If I remember correctly, the 2006 home game with Akron was a part of a "triangle" agreement, where we played at Loyola Marymount, LMU at Akron, and the Zips in Tulsa. So, this 2010 game should be a part of a "new deal", and will hopefully result in the Zips return to Mabee in 2011.

If I remember correctly, the 2006 home game with Akron was a part of a "triangle" agreement, where we played at Loyola Marymount, LMU at Akron, and the Zips in Tulsa. So, this 2010 game should be a part of a "new deal", and will hopefully result in the Zips return to Mabee in 2011.

. . . and Clinton thought HE was the king of "triangulation"!!

Nice compilation OT. +1

I really like the way that schedule stacks up in terms of OOC...with the assumed better health, maturation of players, and progression of the team they could have a couple nice wins and good growth opportunities going into the meat of the conference schedule.

If this list is correct - does that leave four more OOC games to go?

Also, is it confirmed that Bracketbuster is a road game in 2010? Would seem more logical to be back at home...

If this list is correct - does that leave four more OOC games to go?

Also, is it confirmed that Bracketbuster is a road game in 2010? Would seem more logical to be back at home...

The BracketBuster participation format is 2-years-on-the-road-followed-by-2-years-hosting.

We played at Missouri State and Montana our first two years in the BB, then hosted Utah State and Creighton the next two seasons.

After a year off from the event, we started a new four-year cycle this past season at Austin Peay.

FYI--Homecoming 2011 is February 4 and 5.

FYI--Homecoming 2011 is February 4 and 5.

Thanks - I will add that info above.

• 5 weeks later...

Nice find.... we are playing three Big 12 teams: Oklahoma, Missouri and Texas Tech

i'm thinking capel will back out of a game w/ORU next year. has the game ever been confirmed or just rumored to be happening?

i'm thinking capel will back out of a game w/ORU next year. has the game ever been confirmed or just rumored to be happening?

From what I've heard, it's a signed contract. Backing out would be difficult, and expensive - but I suppose we (like everyone) would have a price.

• 3 weeks later...

Any scheduling updates recently?....wouldn't it be great if the Summit League had one of those "challanges" with another league like the ACC-Big 10 Challange?....maybe we could go up against a league like the Horizon?.....TheEagleman would love to see an ORU-Valpo match in that one.....and how about Oakland-Butler and Wright St. vs. IUPUI?.....I am guessing ESPN wouldn't be interested?..... :P

yea....like your thinking eagleman.......Butler vs Oakland......the best of the Horizon vs the best of the Summit.....OT, I didn't say this your boy did

yea....like your thinking eagleman.......Butler vs Oakland......the best of the Horizon vs the best of the Summit.....OT, I didn't say this your boy did

Could someone please explain to me why the Horizon League would want to do this?

How would we benefit from playing Valpo? They have done nothing but lose since leaving the MidCon. If we win, we prove what everyone knows already - Valpos best days are behind them. If we lose, we prove what everyone thinks about the Summit - we'll lose against a "real" opponent almost whenever we get the chance. BTW, just a little reminder to Grizz, Oakland has not done much to help us to shake this reputation. Hopefully, this year will be different.

TheEagleman just picked the Horizon because I wanted an excuse to play Valpo again....pick any league that matches up well with the Summit if you want...Missouri Valley?...Sun Belt?...whatever....agree that the top of the Horizon is better than the Summit but overall, it's not a reach to say we could split with them....why play Valpo?....to smack them around by 20+!!!..... ;)