TU Hypocrisy

oruvoice

Guest EagleBackr
I am one of the few TU fans that loves the Mabee Center... it is like an old diner filled with character...

Ah, nothing like damning with faint praise, eh, Ash?!? What, didn't feel comfortable comparing the Mabee Center to a nice, cozy double-wide? Like Alex Karras famously said when trying to think of something nice to say to a plump blind date: "You know, for a fat girl, you sure don't sweat much!"

Why cant I like ORU? You have a terrible attitude. I like ORU, always have, been to games since I was a kid in the 70s. The truth is, I have nothing bad to say about ORU, feel free to twist everything I say but just know you are wrong. One jerk like you wont keep me from liking ORU...

ash =o)

Guest EagleBackr
Why cant I like ORU? You have a terrible attitude. I like ORU, always have, been to games since I was a kid in the 70s. The truth is, I have nothing bad to say about ORU, feel free to twist everything I say but just know you are wrong. One jerk like you wont keep me from liking ORU...

I wish you WOULD like ORU - but I'm still waiting for something resembling that! All the observations I keep reading from you regarding ORU seem to be from the perspective of looking right down your nose at us! Plus, I still remember all those flattering things you had to say on the TU message boards about Scott Sutton's coaching ability back when he was being mentioned for the TU gig. But, hey, if you consider yourself an ORU "fan", so be it. But I wonder where we would be if the entire Mabee Center "Diner" were filled with "fans" like that - sitting back with their chins in their hands, taking in the whole spectacle with critical detachment. Revelations 3:16 comes to mind...

Backr, I gave Ash tickets to a couple of games last season, enjoyed visiting with him during the games, and he's really a good guy. Why keep hammering him? You're beating up the wrong guy!

Guest Rob Marshall

Not sure if I know "ash" personally or not (some posters I actually know and don't realize I know them due to screen names, etc.), but having followed his posts on both the ORU and TU boards I believe he is someone with much understanding about how to play the game and a true sense of basketball knowledge, and therefore I for one appreciate his takes as well as his contribution to the ORU board.