TV This Week

Otis 83

I guess conference road games will not be available on ELIve even if they have JumpTV. Here is the response I received from JumpTV:

In response to your request:

Name:Mike Minyard

E-Mail Address:mminyard@oru.edu

Request Description: I don't know if the WIU-ORU men's basketball video feed should be available on the ORU website or not, but just wanted to check. It doesn't look to be available right now even though WIU has a JumpTV website.

The following response is provided:

Dear Mike,

The ORU game is only audio on the ORU site. WIU has the video of this broadcast on their site.

Thank you,

Les, JumpTV Fan Support

Just arrived expecting to be able to see the game. No reflection on anyone here ... and see it's pretty much been covered already. But I'm still confused. Seems I recall last year all the Summit teams HAD to provide video feed for all games (except maybe the UMKC game which was televised). Perhaps that's what we are referring to as JumpTV. I assumed it was still that way this year. As crude as it is, it's nice to be able to gather 'round the computer screen and WATCH the Golden Eagles. I thought I was paying $9.95 a month for times like these. I'm disappointed, too.

I guess conference road games will not be available on ELIve even if they have JumpTV. Here is the response I received from JumpTV:

In response to your request:

Name:Mike Minyard

E-Mail Address:mminyard@oru.edu

Request Description: I don't know if the WIU-ORU men's basketball video feed should be available on the ORU website or not, but just wanted to check. It doesn't look to be available right now even though WIU has a JumpTV website.

The following response is provided:

Dear Mike,

The ORU game is only audio on the ORU site. WIU has the video of this broadcast on their site.

Thank you,

Les, JumpTV Fan Support

Fine. But WHY?

The REALLY frustrating thing about it is, I basically pay $50/year to ELIve so I can LISTEN to Geoff. Same as I used to get for free before JumpTV. I'm AT home games, so I don't need the video then, and it's not available during away games. Few games are on 97.1 where you can get the audio stream, and 1550 is so weak that I really can't get it after dark where we live.

So I pay $50/year to listen.

I've got a new chant for us to start on the board:

DUMP JUMP . . . DUMP JUMP . . .DUMP JUMP!!! :n::n::n:

I'm glad we bought the video now even though it looks like it is being shot by a camera phone. Craziest thing I've ever seen at a game.

This is so frustrating. Jump TV makes the Summit League look more bush league than the officiating. It is a great idea but between the continuing technical issues and now this bait and switch on road games it is just an embarrasment to our fine school. I'm going to try to get my 9.95 for this month back but will definitely cancel.

For you insiders out there, who do we take our issues to? The conference?