Chris Riouse should be starting

tmh8286

I can't hlep but wonder how the replacement of Mickey with Eric fits into all of the arguments against starting Chris . . .

He was supposed to be having 97 family and friends busing down from Milwaukee to see him. I don't know it that number was accurate, but that's what he told orumom before the trip.

Huge said there were 97 of Erics Family, the Maniacs & a great group of individuals. Our players & coaches aren't discourages, but of course they are disappointed The regular season isn't over and the Tournament is still almost 3 weeks away.

A split on the road isn't a bad thing, considering we were in the Jungle. We have beat them once this year and can beat them at the UMAC.

IUPUI has had the good fortune of a four game home stand where they played some of the stiffest competition in the league at home, all in a row: Oakland, WIU, Valpo and ORU.

But now they go on a three game road trip that will test their mettle: Centenary, Chicago State and Southern Utah. If they can win two of the three games, they deserve the confernce championship.

Actually, unless one of their two losses comes at Centenary on Thursday, or they lose all three games, IUPUI will be conference champions, because of our loss to, and their sweep of, WIU. So now the confernce championship game has switched to Thursday night at Centenary. An IUPUI win there locks it up for them, as nearly as I can figure.

It also looks like a win for ORU over UMKC on Thursday will lock up second place for them, regardess of the outcome of the final two games. A win over UMKC would give us a sweep against them, and even if we lost the next two (which I don't expect), we would tie with UMKC record- wise, and the sweep would give us the tiebreaker.

So the standings, at least for ORU and IUPUI, could and should be decided on Thursday evening.

It looks like "The nation's most exciting head coach, Ron Hunter" is going to pull another one out of the hat.

Huge said there were 97 of Erics Family, the Maniacs & a great group of individuals. Our players & coaches aren't discourages, but of course they are disappointed The regular season isn't over and the Tournament is still almost 3 weeks away.

A split on the road isn't a bad thing, considering we were in the Jungle. We have beat them once this year and can beat them at the UMAC.

Funny that both teams that won had to shoot crazy good to beat the other! :)

ORU shot like 69% for the game against IUPUI at the Mabee Center & IUPUI shot 56% for the game and 70% in the 2nd half on 3's which I get the picture, is how they beat us!

Guest EagleBackr
It also looks like a win for ORU over UMKC on Thursday will lock up second place for them, regardess of the outcome of the final two games. A win over UMKC would give us a sweep against them, and even if we lost the next two (which I don't expect), we would tie with UMKC record- wise, and the sweep would give us the tiebreaker.

Not so fast, my friend. Valpo at 7-6 could win out and tie us for third at 10-6 if we were to lose our last three (doubtful, but possible) and UMKC's only additional loss was to Valpo. But I think we would still get the #3 seed because we would have swept fifth-place Chicago State and Valpo woud have split with them. Plus, Southern Utah sits in fifth place right now at 5-6, but hosts Centenary, Oakland and IUPUI while traveling to UMKC (who they killed earlier) and Western Illinois. They, too, have a legitimate shot at 10-6. If they win out, we would have a tiebreaker over them by virtue of our head-to-head sweep, but they would own a tiebreaker with UMKC (head-to-head sweep) and Valpo (Thunderbird's split with IUPUI vs. Valpo's 0-2 record against the Jags). The Thunderbirds have a decent chance to finish in the top 4! Bottom line - we just need to win Thursday night and let the basketball gods sort out the rest of the field. Should be an interesting two weeks!

Not so fast, my friend. Valpo at 7-6 could win out and tie us for third at 10-6 if we were to lose our last three

Read what I said a little closer, EB. I said IF we win against UMKC on Thursday, and lost the next two, we would end up with an 11-5 record, which would put us in a tie for second, assuming UMKC wins out. But since we would have swept UMKC, we win the tiebreaker.

If we beat UMKC on Thursday we CAN'T tie with Valpo, no matter what.

One of our final three games is a non-conference game against Montana.

I think you just missed my point.

I'm definitely hoping for a 1 or 2 seed, otherwise I'll hafta try to get some people together for that Saturday night. A 3 or 4, well, that'd just be bad news for me, lol.

Guest EagleBackr
Finishing 4th or 5th is the same thing....since they play each other in the first game...and take the same route in the semi-finals....

WHAT DO YA MEAN IT'S THE SAME THING?!? There's a HUGE difference between 4th and 5th place! I mean, 4th place gets to be the HOME team! They get to wear WHITE uniforms! They even get to....to....ah, heck; you're right - it's the same thing...

Guest EagleBackr
One of our final three games is a non-conference game against Montana.

Could this game matter any less to us right now? Any way we can fake flight delays or a team-wide outbreak of mad cow disease to avoid playing in this turkey?

I think you just missed my point.

wouldn't be the first time...:wink:

Could this game matter any less to us right now? Any way we can fake flight delays or a team-wide outbreak of mad cow disease to avoid playing in this turkey?

The Montana coach is no more excited about it than we are. He was quoted in an article as saying that he didn't want to play in the game - maybe we could cancel it by mutual consent.

Actually, I don't really have a problem with us playing it, but the Bracket

Buster has lost some of it's luster at this point.