2010 Schedule

Bogus Smith

As we have alluded to in other threads, next season's schedule looks like it will be fun, challenging and worthwhile to cheer on the good guys. We know that we have Texas, Baylor, UCLA, Arkansas and Wichita State on the board for next season; however the schedule isn't out to know when we play. I'm looking through the schedules every now-and-then to try to piece together what it's going to look like. Everyone else can pitch in, too as we wait for basketball season to get into full swing. Here's what I have found so far with the few schedules that have been published.

Feb 26 - @ Florida International

Feb 27 - @ Florida International

Feb 28 - @ Florida International

Mar 2 - Central Arkansas

Mar 5 - @ Baylor

Mar 6 - @ Baylor (DH)

Mar 7 - @ Baylor

Mar 12 - Western Michigan

Mar 13 - Western Michigan

Mar 14 - Western Michigan

Mar 16 - TCU

Mar 19 - @ UCLA

Mar 20 - @ UCLA

Mar 21 - @ UCLA

Mar 23 - Wichita State (7:00 pm)

Mar 24 - Wichita State (3:30 pm)

Mar 26 - North Dakota

Mar 27 - North Dakota

Mar 28 - North Dakota

Mar 30 - @ Texas

Apr 2 - Missouri State

Apr 3 - Missouri State

Apr 4 - @ Missouri State

Apr 6 - @ UT-Arlington

Apr 9 - Oakland

Apr 10 - Oakland (DH)

Apr 11 - Oakland

Apr 13 - Arkansas - Little Rock

Apr 15 - @ Southern Utah

Apr 16 - @ Southern Utah (DH)

Apr 17 - @ Southern Utah

Apr 20 - @ Arkansas

Apr 23 - Western Illinois

Apr 24 - Western Illinois (DH)

Apr 25 - Western Illinois

Apr 30 - @ IPFW

May 1 - @ IPFW (DH)

May 2 - @ IPFW

May 4 - @ Wichita State

May 7 - @ South Dakota State

May 8 - @ South Dakota State (DH)

May 9 - @ South Dakota State

May 14 - @ Centenary

May 15 - @ Centenary (DH)

May 16 - @ Centenary

May 18 - @ Wichita State

May 20 - North Dakota State

May 21 - North Dakota State (DH)

May 22 - North Dakota State

May 27-29 - Summit League Baseball Tournament (Tulsa, OK)

I'm excited to see that TCU will come to play us. That should be a great mid-week game for the fans (with a lot of TCU alums in the Tulsa area). The Missouri State series has always been a good one as well (if the weather cooperates, of course).

We should be able to figure out the rest of the schedule by Thanksgiving.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Oct 3: Updated with the Arkansas schedule being posted. Too bad that Arkansas won't be making an appearance this year in Tulsa. I guess we should be thankful for one game with the Hogs though.

Oct 4: Weekend series with Western Michigan again along with some of the Summit League schedules starting to be published.

Oct 18: Mid-week afternoon game with Central Arkansas on March 2 at JLJ; Mid-week game (Time to be announced) with University of Arkansas - Little Rock on April 13.

Oct 25: Added four games with Wichita State - 2 at JLJ in March and 2 mid-week games in Wichita during May.

Oct 28: Added four game series at Baylor.

Oct 29: Added a three-game weekend series with Sun Belt-foe Florida International in February.

Nov 4: Added a mid-week game at University of Texas at Arlington.

Nov 25: Added the remaining Summit League schedule.

Nov 30: Only missed North Dakota for a weekend series in March!!

I like 6 of the games right off the bat - Western Michigan at home in March, and UCLA in Southern California. Get ready for another wind-howling affair out in Utah in the middle of April. Hoping for an Eastern or Southern swing - somewhere? anywhere?

Hopefully the weather :rain: will be more cooperative this season.

Looks like Dallas Baptist has changed out their Summit League opponent this year from ORU and Oakland to South Dakota State. ORU doesn't show up on their schedule at all. That's really too bad because it seemed like a good series for both schools with quality teams. :^)

TheEagleman is very disappointed if we are not playing Dallas Baptist this season....always enjoy our games with DBU and it seems like a natural matchup since it's only a few hours drive..... :(

Updated the schedule for a couple of new additions found on the web. Still haven't seen the schedules for Miami (FL), Baylor and Wichita State that I know will be on our schedule. Also, the schedules for UT-Arlington and UT-San Antonio are not out and sometimes we show up in their baseball tournaments that usually have good teams for the weekend.

First things first!!!!!

Let there be NO RAIN OUTS THIS YEAR!!!!!

Just giving a quick shout out to our friends on this board. Jerry is doing quite well in the Padres Organization.

Jerry has made Tulsa his permanent residence for the time being.

One thing that Jerry did after signing on with the Padres...(and we are very proud of him) was to donate a large some of money to his fiancee's church.... they started a scholarship fund for those in need. I believe that his experience at ORU led him to to an understanding that it is in giving that we receive.... Thank you ORU!

Irish

Also.... Can't wait to hear Geoff Haxton call games this year..... Maybe we can get him to call the games for the Padres!

Great to hear, Irish. I hope to get to see Jerry practicing in the Indoor facility this winter.

Really glad to hear that Jerry got more than an education at ORU, too. He's a special player and person!

Wichita State released their schedule and have updated our schedule with the four dates that we'll be playing them in March and May.

We have a lot to be thankful for Gene and Rob having such a good relationship that both are willing to play each other four times.

Wichita State released their schedule and have updated our schedule with the four dates that we'll be playing them in March and May.

We have a lot to be thankful for Gene and Rob having such a good relationship that both are willing to play each other four times.

I agree. It's always good to play a team like WSU. The Shockers just finished their own indoor facility and pulling up the grass at Eck Stadium and putting in field turf. Not a fan of baseball on turf... maybe there are some advantages (like maintenance costs) but something just looks wrong about a turf infield.

On topic: when the 2010 schedule is complete I will make a topic and pin it at the top of the forum similar to the basketball forum.

Baylor Baseball Unveils 2010 Schedule

Baylor remains at home each of the next three weekends, hosting Western Kentucky for a three-game series (Feb. 26-28), Oral Roberts for a four-game series (March 5-7) and Illinois-Chicago for a three-game series (March 12-14).

http://www.kwtx.com/sports/headlines/66709412.html

Also.... Can't wait to hear Geoff Haxton call games this year..... Maybe we can get him to call the games for the Padres!

maybe not geoff, but one-time ORU broadcaster, mark neely, is one of the padres broadcasters

Baylor Baseball Unveils 2010 Schedule

Baylor remains at home each of the next three weekends, hosting Western Kentucky for a three-game series (Feb. 26-28), Oral Roberts for a four-game series (March 5-7) and Illinois-Chicago for a three-game series (March 12-14).

http://www.kwtx.com/sports/headlines/66709412.html

Thanks, Alum. I have updated the schedule to reflect the weekend series at Waco. Could be a road trip in the making???

Looking at March, we're going to be thankful to have a conference schedule to play just to get some relief!! :!:

Found that we have a series in February with FlU. I had heard that we were playing Miami, FL, but maybe this is our Florida opponent this season. :?:

TheEagleman likes the schedule far....Baylor and UCLA series are big time.....love playing nearby rivals Wichita St and Missouri St.....would like to see more Texas and Arkansas.....the Hogs are afraid of us...and of course Sunny is totally scared to come to Tulsa or even play us at home...he's pathetic....why won't OSU give us a game or two?.... :?:

TheEagleman likes the schedule far....Baylor and UCLA series are big time.....love playing nearby rivals Wichita St and Missouri St.....would like to see more Texas and Arkansas.....the Hogs are afraid of us...and of course Sunny is totally scared to come to Tulsa or even play us at home...he's pathetic....why won't OSU give us a game or two?.... :?:

Sunny isn't scared of us...we won't play them. Lots of off-the-field antics that go on that keep us from playing each other anymore. Would love to match up with them in a regional or neutral field where a lot of either team's fans don't antaginize their coach.

The last couple of times OSU and ORU have played, the teams were pretty intense. OSU does NOT like to lose to ORU and ORU will not back down from a fight - baseball or otherwise. I think Frank decided it was better if we didn't play to keep the chance of losing to ORU at nil. Again, I'd love to catch the Cowboys in a regional or regular season, neutral-field tournament. I like our chances.

TheEagleman likes the schedule far....Baylor and UCLA series are big time.....love playing nearby rivals Wichita St and Missouri St.....would like to see more Texas and Arkansas.

March is going to be a great month of baseball to watch! You have Baylor, TCU, UCLA, Texas and Wichita State - some of the best regional baseball programs and a West Coast swing within 30 days. As we saw last year, Western Michigan is no slouch either and will be a fun home weekend series to watch the boys. We still don't know who our opening two weekends are (Feb 12 - 14 and Feb 19 - 21), so there may still be some good baseball to watch - hopefully at the newly-renovated JLJ Stadium.