IUPUI

orumom

Who all plans to go to Indianapolis? We talked to Eric Fowlkes after the game. He said he will have 93 family members at the game. The Maniacs and cheerleaders are planning to go. I think some of the boosters are considering driving up too.

WishI could go because this could definitely be the regular season championship game!!!

WOW! I don't think I even HAVE 93 family members - and certainly not that many that are basketball fans.

I will be at the Oakland game on Thursday.... I have a business trip to Michigan this week and also happen to have a customer not far from the Oakland campus.

Blue just corrected me. Eric said "97' family members.

My family is larger than that, but we only get that many together for funerals and weddings. Eric said it may take 2 buses this year.

Who all plans to go to Indianapolis? We talked to Eric Fowlkes after the game. He said he will have 93 family members at the game. The Maniacs and cheerleaders are planning to go. I think some of the boosters are considering driving up too.

WishI could go because this could definitely be the regular season championship game!!!

How long is the drive? Sure sounds like a fun idea...

Mr & Mrs tbone will be in attendance. Have to be somewhere in the same region on Friday and driving to Indy Saturday. Glad to hear there will be alot of Eagle noise in the house next Saturday.

These are the two most important games of the season.... win these two and ORU will go a long way towards winning the conference championship.

According to the guys, the IUPUI gym is like a highschool gym, so close walls and not much seating. They said that if we were there that we would completely change the entire feel of the game, so I would say that us (Maniacs) combined with Eric's family plus any of you that make the trip would make this trip almost feel like a home game for the guys and gals. This game is huge, so I would just want to really encourage any of you who are thinking about going to really try to go, because the more of us there, the more impact we can have on the game!!! Hope to see some of you all there!

Old Titan, if you had a bus leave Tulsa on Saturday morning at 6:00 a.m., we could get to Indianapolis by 5:00 p.m. for the game and then turn around after the game at 10:00 and be back the next morning!! Wouldn't that be fun!! :lol:

The last time we made the trip to IUPUI we lost in triple overtime and it was definitely exciting. The ORU women went to double overtime the same day. Our fans definitely contributed to the momentum of the games that day. We were louder than the IUPUI fans.

Maniacs........it will be well worth the trip! It is wonderful to have such great student participation. :D

I'm debating on going....it's over a 3 hour drive for me and I don't want to pay for a hotel on saturday night so i'd have to turn around drive back. It'll be my only chance to see the guys live this year so I might not decide til the last minute.

The Jags play three games this week - all at home:

Monday against Western Illinois

Thursday against Valpo

Saturday against ORU

As I said earlier, if ORU can win the next two games against Oakland and IUPUI, they will definitely be in the driver's seat for the conference championship.

I know we play Oakland first on Thursday and it will be a tough game, but I was reviewing the boxscore from the IUPUI game and it make for an intriguing read. We shot very well from the floor (69.0% versus 47.5%) and ourebounded the Jags, 25 to 23 - but we committed 12 turnovers to their 8. The interesting stat is that we took 17 less shots than IUPUI (42 versus 59).... taking 10 more free throws (27 versus 17).

It will be interesting to see how we defend them this time around.... do we stay in a man-to-man defense or switch to a zone to prevent the dribble penetration?

I consider anything under 15 turnovers for us is at least a moral victory. That's one of our biggest areas of need for improvement.

Glad for the enthusiasm, but if we don't focus and beat Oakland, the IUPUI game could be meaningless...

I agree Voice! Unfortunately, I'm not going to be able to come up because I've got to head to TX this weekend for ministry stuff.

I'm confident our presence there will be a huge lift for our guys!

If we play smart and hard against Oakland, we beat them 79 - 70!

If we play smart, hard, AND well against IUPUI, we beat them 83 - 77! We need to shoot well against IUPUI because they shoot well!

We need to win-out all the way through the tournament and play some great basketball to make a statement on the whole UNFINISHED BUSINESS motto for this year's team! I hope they do so just for their own feeling of accomplishment!

GO EAGLES!