Blue Ribbon Predictions

Former SID

Well.....I do seem to remember a game back in early March.....ah, nevermind :lol:

Only D-II programs celebrate a 1st round conference tournament victory 6 months later. Time to hang a banner!!

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SDSUJacks

• Old Titan

• ManiacAlum

• theeagleman5

Old Titan has visited the SDSU board recently. OT, how have you been treated over there? I enjoy the discussion over here and hope it can continue into the season. Peace.

Ya know, if I went on ANY message board and tooted ORU's horn HALF as much as you do SDSU's, chatting up everything from your pie-in-the-sky expectations for this season, your 8-star recruiting class, your D-II achievements, your school, your town - heck, even your WEATHER - I would expect to get FLAMED by pretty much everyone, big time.

You can't just stroll into someone else's back yard party, bragging all the way, and then wonder why no one offers you a beer. :doh:

Only D-II programs celebrate a 1st round conference tournament victory 6 months later. Time to hang a banner!!

Not celebrating...just teasing a little (you can dish it out AND take it, right?). I'm sure you would consider it a good win if you beat the defending conference champs in your first year of eligibility in D1 in the postseason tourney. Heck, I still see people gloating about beating KU in the regular season years ago on here....but oh well.

You said how you are so superior to us. You were 2-1 vs. us last year and outscored us by 12 points. You'll probably sweep us this next year...but I guarantee you'll see a more competetive product going forward, especially starting after this year....

Ya know, if I went on ANY message board and tooted ORU's horn HALF as much as you do SDSU's, chatting up everything from your pie-in-the-sky expectations for this season, your 8-star recruiting class, your D-II achievements, your school, your town - heck, even your WEATHER - I would expect to get FLAMED by pretty much everyone, big time.

You can't just stroll into someone else's back yard party, bragging all the way, and then wonder why no one offers you a beer. :doh:

My "pie-in-the-sky expectations"? I predicted us to finish 4th in a bad conference where 4 of the 10 teams are horrible. I predicted and hoped we'd finish .500. That is unreasonable and makes me a jerk?

I simply talked about our recruiting class, what a very respected AAU director said about them and what kind of kids we have for the future. I also pointed out how YOU guys have the best class and how I started a thread talking about your class and DEFENDED them to my fellow Jack fans on our board. Heck, I even stated that Blue Ribbon was wrong saying that Chad White would be the newcomer of the year. I have talked about SDSU and Sioux Falls and even the weather and I guess if you think I'm obnoxious or bragging you should put me on ignore.

You actually came on our board recently tooting your horn a bit........and you recieved no negative responses.

No, really I think it's cute that this means so much to an SDSU fan... I had no idea we were such a big deal. I can't wait for the discussions we will have about you having a losing record to us again next year :clap:

And only 4th place in a "bad" conference?? Come on, what happened to 3rd place? You guys have like 6 preseason all-conference players and THAT'S the best you can do? I guess best of the worst is something to shoot for...

I'm not sure this thread is getting us anywhere - maybe it's time to lock it.

Do you guys have any more to say on the Blue Ribbon Predictions?

Yeah....if SDSU finishes ahead of ORU in the standings this season...TheEagleman will become a Valpo fan..... :rofl: