Blue Ribbon Predictions

Former SID

Three of our top 7 are black dudes.....of course two grew up in Sioux Falls (well, Dale Moss grew up in Brandon, 5 miles from SF) and the other is a Canadian.

You SHOULD beat SDSU 2-3 times this year (even though you were 2-1 vs us last year and we darn near beat you at Mabee without Clint Sargent) but we should put up a pretty good fight. I wish we played you early at Frost (before you guys have everything figured out). And do you really want to play us in the Summit Tourney?

*none of this was intended to be smack or arrogant...I know sometimes we can take things the wrong way on message boards.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SDSUJacks

• Old Titan

• ManiacAlum

• theeagleman5

we darn near beat you at Mabee without Clint Sargent

oh, was that the game when we played horseshoes?

It's easy to lob smack talk when you've never won anything (see: Kiffin, Lane).

A miraculous home court win over a team that looked like they already gave up on their season doesn't bother me too much. Flukes happen all the time.

NDSU lost at home to SUU last year, this year's favorite Oakland was crushed at Centenary...so it happens. Sorry to break that to you.

(Disclaimer: that was not smack talk in any way.)

Canadian black guys and also african-americans from No. Dakota don't count....they are not true black guys....so, in actuality, SDSU has 0 black players.....you are doomed and can't finish higher than 4th..... ;)

Canadian black guys and also african-americans from No. Dakota don't count....they are not true black guys....so, in actuality, SDSU has 0 black players.....you are doomed and can't finish higher than 4th..... ;)

Would someone PLEASE ban this idiot?? :@

Come on, OT....Lighten up!....we all know when TheEagleman is kidding..... :lol: ................i had to do something to counter the SDSU fan..... :geek: ...but if it makes you feel any better....TheEagleman gives himself a -1 and a 24 hr. ban... :x .

Oh, by the way....before I start my 24 hr ban....just remember that TheEagleman could have done worse....at least I didn't pull what Coach Bruce Pearl of Tennessee did the other night a speaking engagement for a fundraiser.... :$ ......and actually, TheEagleman also thought that was pretty funny...... :wasntme:

Starting my ban now....BUT, we all know that Pearl was just making a joke....can't we laugh at ourselves anymore in this "prim and proper" society?....we all know that the Tennessee coach is no racist and neither is TheEagleman....besides, Pearl took a shot at the KKK....what's the harm in that?.... :clap:

Bruce Pearl is just a disaster anytime there is a microphone or camera around. Rocky Top must get nervous when their coaches get the chance to speak.

And Eagleman, you immediately sabotaged my endorsement of you as analyst at b-ball games!

Actually in Canada this week... so eagleman's post is even more laughable. But even so, I don't think this is ban worthy... Just Philly being Philly. A good reminder for everybody (especially eagleman) to be respectful of other posters & to check out the posting guidelines in the FAQ.

Canada actually produces a lot of hoops talent. If you want scope some of it on the court this NCAA season look for Bol Kong at Gonzaga...

oh, was that the game when we played horseshoes?

It's easy to lob smack talk when you've never won anything (see: Kiffin, Lane).

A miraculous home court win over a team that looked like they already gave up on their season doesn't bother me too much. Flukes happen all the time.

NDSU lost at home to SUU last year, this year's favorite Oakland was crushed at Centenary...so it happens. Sorry to break that to you.

(Disclaimer: that was not smack talk in any way.)

The Summit League Tourney win was not homecourt. It was the first game that group of Jacks played at the Arena. Neutral court w/ 80% backing? Yes.

By horseshoes I guess you mean that you just shot bad so it was just a total fluke that we stayed w/ the mighty Eagles in the Mabee? No credit to SDSU? That's okay. As mentioned before, we were missing Sargent (Sargent was our 2nd leading scorer and led us in scoring, among others, against Minnesota (25), Iowa State (18), Oakland (17) and dropped 16 against ORU his first meeting and then 12 in the Summit Tourney) in his place was Palarca. Palarca ran the offense great that night and handeled Jarvis...but Palarca can't make a shot to save his life (I doubt he hardly sees the floor this year after a decent number of starts his first two years). And as I remember Palarca had a shot from the corner for the lead in the final minute and missed. Maybe Sargent makes a difference in that game at Mabee.

I don't get the "you've never won anything" comment. That is based on what? We've never won a National Championship?

I hope I have been respectful on here. I bite my tongue and I understand my place and I try. But this board has surprised me. I will be honest and say that I was surprised when I saw some people talking about Christianity on here. Of course I knew that ORU is a Christian based school, but I just thought, by the way some act on here, that the fans on here were just fans of the program and not people who practiced Christianity. I have been better recieved on the NDSU board and they are more of a rival. I know this will get the same people upset at me again. But I just have to be honest. Old Titan has visited the SDSU board recently. OT, how have you been treated over there? I enjoy the discussion over here and hope it can continue into the season. Peace.

FOOTBALL: Cheer for the #17 Jacks (tonight at 6) as they face their first road game of the year versus Illionois State. We've yet to allow a TD or 100 yards in offense.

It's okay....I know what he is getting at. I have black friends here in SD who I tease are "some of the whitest guys I know". No biggee...of the black guys we have on our team they all have white mothers.....so are they black or white?

OT is just goofin'...means nothing by it.

SDSUJacks - You have been treated well on this message board and certainly better than some of the NDSU posters will treat you. I have read the NDSU board before.

Summit League Predictions:

1. Oakland

2. ORU

3. IUPUI

4. SDSU

5. NDSU

6. IPFW

7. SUU

8. WIU

9. UMKC

10. Centenary

I would be very happy to end the conference season as the 2 seed for the conference tournament. As long as ORU ends up as the 1 or 2 seed, they will be in a good position to make the final and would then have to take their chances with Oakland. If ORU ended up as the 3 or 4 seed, they would most likely be having to play NDSU or SDSU in the 1st round in a challenging environment and would not have the rest day between their 1st and 2nd game.

In reality, the key to this season (and every season) for ORU is to get some non-conference wins so that if we end up in the NCAAs we can avoid being a 15-16 seed, and to be a 1-2 seed heading into the Summit League tournament. I think the Virginia game may give us our best opportunity to keep the streak alive of upsetting a "BCS Conference" team.

Oh, SDSU Jacks has been treated just fine on this board, along with the other SDSU, NDSU and OU posters who were here long before. If anyone starts talking trash on another message board, especially if their team hasn't been very good, they just embarrass themselves and the team...which is what SDSUJacks is doing.

Oh, SDSU Jacks has been treated just fine on this board, along with the other SDSU, NDSU and OU posters who were here long before. If anyone starts talking trash on another message board, especially if their team hasn't been very good, they just embarrass themselves and the team...which is what SDSUJacks is doing.

How is what I'm saying embarrassing anyone? I don't think I've talked trash on here. I ruffled some feathers when I came on here and spoke of the accomlishments of SDSU in a "chamber of commerce" sort of way. I could see where that might irk some sensitive people but I have never came on here and said we're better than you, we're gonna whip you or any of that.

Anyway.....

SDSU beat writer Terry Vandrovec says SDSU has 4 players on the All-Summit pre-season ballot, the most of any school. Oakland should have 4 on there and everybody else 2...maybe. FWIW, Vandrovec only voted for 2 Jackrabbits (I'm guessing Callahan and Cordova).

I have never came on here and said we're better than you, we're gonna whip you or any of that.

I should hope you wouldn't say anything that ridiculous.