2009-2010 Men's Basketball Prospectus

Old Titan

Haven't heard of anyone no-showing. I've heard of at least one that's proven to be better than expected. Still sizing up the others. My son had a chance to watch the team in a pickup game last week. He said that Caleb Green, Larry Owens, Yemi, and Adam Spanich were all there working out with them. Word I got on Spanich is that his dad is now AD at Victory, and whenever he's in town he works out with the team. For those that weren't around or don't remember, Adam was the 1995 Mr. Basketball for Iowa, was recruited to ORU and played for one year, 1995-96, before transferring to USC and finishing his collegiate career there. There's a nice (somewhat recent) story about him heading up an impossible come-from-behind victory over the Oregon Ducks in 1999 here. In 2008 Adam played for the Oklahoma Cavalry, but I didn't find him on their current roster. I was surprised to hear of him around ORU again.

Anyway, my son said Hunter McClintock looked very good - he thought it would be hard to keep him off the court this season. We'll see . . .

Okay, Doc - was Hunter the "better than expected" or was it someone else "unmentioned" - you can't just leave us hanging!

Also, can you confirm that Craion has arrived? I think he was one of the few that wasn't in Tulsa during the summer - which always makes the fans a little bit nervous.

Okay, Doc - was Hunter the "better than expected" or was it someone else "unmentioned" - you can't just leave us hanging!

Also, can you confirm that Craion has arrived? I think he was one of the few that wasn't in Tulsa during the summer - which always makes the fans a little bit nervous.

When I re-read my post I thought that that question might come up. No, Hunter is NOT the player that is better than expected. Because of the way I came by the info I'd rather not repeat it on the board, but McClintock WASN'T the one I was referring to.

Yes, I can confirm that Michael Craion is in school and playing with the team. And lest you are tempted to repeat my error, don't call Michael by the name of the product that Crayola makes - he goes by Cray-en, not Cray-on!!

Any word on how Mikey Manghum looked, the walk-on from England? Looks like he did pretty well in the U-18 Tournament in Europe this summer. Here is a link where he helped defeat Switzerland.

Looks like we picked up another walk-on from Marietta, GA as well from the looks of the current roster. Any word on him?

Any word on how Mikey Manghum looked, the walk-on from England? Looks like he did pretty well in the U-18 Tournament in Europe this summer. Here is a link where he helped defeat Switzerland.

Looks like we picked up another walk-on from Marietta, GA as well from the looks of the current roster. Any word on him?

Can't help you out there, Bogus.

5'9" 160 lb. Sr.? :o Must have made quite an impression if those stats are correct. I also am very curious.