Indoor facility will help Golden Eagles soar - Tulsa World (7-6-09)

ORUTerry

I am just cluing in to where this practice facility is going! It's hard for me to imagine the campus without the old Classroom Center. I understand the uproar with its removal, but that is nostalgia for you!

Wow, the practice facility is right in the center of the campus! It's hard to imagine how it might fit with the rest of the architecture round about. On another note, the placement of the facility sure puts athletics generally more front and center. Athletes were usually on the outer fringes of the campus (Mabee, stadium, or AC), but no more. Big changes!

Actually the practice facility is as far out of the way as possible.  It is along the left field wall of JLJ, east of the tennis courts (away from the dorms and Lake Evelyn).  It is in the far east part of the campus close to the improvements of the back part of Fred's Creek and the neighborhoods that border the eastern most part of the campus. 

I agree that this wouldn't look good in the middle of the campus (if that was where it was), but this is an ideal place for getting baseball and track a place to practice and meet their needs.  Plus you have the Weight and Conditioning Rooms down the Right Field Wall where the baseball offices are to serve ALL of the student-athletes.

Actually the practice facility is as far out of the way as possible.  It is along the left field wall of JLJ, east of the tennis courts (away from the dorms and Lake Evelyn).  It is in the far east part of the campus close to the improvements of back part of Fred Creek and the neighborhoods that border the eastern most part of the campus. 

I agree that this wouldn't look good in the middle of the campus (if that was where it was), but this is an ideal place for getting baseball and track a place to practice and meet their needs.  Plus you have the Weight and Conditioning Rooms down the Right Field Wall where the baseball offices are to serve ALL of the student-athletes.

Okay! That makes more sense. I was trying to put a good face on it but having serious difficulties. Thanks for clearing that up!

Search for Oral Roberts University on this site http://www.bing.com/maps/ and then click on the "bird's eye" link.  The photos are old enough to exclude the new facility but you can see where it is going east of the tennis courts and north of left field of the baseball stadium.  The photos also show the disrepair of campus roofs that have since been remedied thanks to the Greens.  It will be neat to see updated photos when all the renovations are done.

Search for Oral Roberts University on this site http://www.bing.com/maps/ and then click on the "bird's eye" link.  The photos are old enough to exclude the new facility but you can see where it is going east of the tennis courts and north of left field of the baseball stadium.  The photos also show the disrepair of campus roofs that have since been remedied thanks to the Greens.  It will be neat to see updated photos when all the renovations are done.

That bird eye feature in BING is pretty cool. I thought it was going to be like Google Maps, but it's actually a lot better.

Thanks OKC