Game on...

Geoff Haxton

Just made it into sleepy Stillwater.

Gotta say, that was a great win.  I don't care that WSU is down, don't care that we kicked it around a bit, didn't field so well, didn't do this and didn't do that.......

After 10 days of tarp crew, that's a fine victory.

The thing I take from it is this.  Guys that haven't made many plays made plays.

Colby Price will be remembered for his triple and his game winning RBI. BUT, don't forget he made three big time plays at 2nd base. 

Kyle Price singled to lead off the 13th and scored the game winner.

Drew Bowen worked out of MAJOR jam there in the 12th and got a bouncer for a 2 ball with the bases juiced and one out.

Heck, Nikko Wong scored a run.

My point, Serrano - struggled, Garewall (at the plate) - struggled, Furmanek - big time difficulty.

Those are all guys we desperately need to play at a high level.  They didn't tonight, still won.

After a 10 day layoff that's a nice boost heading off to Mich.

Let us not forget the Juan and only Mr. Martinez.  Great kid.  Big time hitter.  Clutch performer.  Congrats to him on another stellar day.

So nice to get to play and call a game folks.  Thanks for tuning in if you did.  I had such a fun time I had to sit down and recap at 2am.

Hax

I just followed the game on Gametracker, but it looked like we had clutch pitching in the end, and did what it took to win.  Glad to see our guys want it more than WSU, and come out on top.

Big win for ORU!....TheEagleman thinks this could propel us to a big winning weekend up at Oakland..... :-D

I went to bed in the 7th when WSU tied it up. It wasn't looking good and I felt like the tide was turning against us. Great to wake up and find out I was wrong.

Great win for the Golden Eagles!

There were some very exciting moments late in the game.  After pitching two absolutely brilliant innings, TJ Kelly was relieved by freshman Drew Bowen.  Now, last time Drew pitched was against Centenary two weeks earlier, and he got roughed up a bit by them for two innings before he was taken out, so I was a little bit concerned about putting him in at that point. 

The first two batters Drew faced got on base, with the lead runner advancing to third, and no outs.  A sacrifice grounder moves runners to second and third.  WSU puts in a pinch hitter, who was intentionally walked, loading the bases, with still just one out.  So it looked like Bowen was in a lot of trouble.  But he was able to get the next batter to hit into a double play and get ORU out of the inning.  It was a beautiful thing!!

After ORU manages to bring in a run in the top of the thirteenth inning, Drew faced three batters for easy outs - ballgame!!  Outstanding job by Bowen, and some really tense and exciting minutes for fans.