ORU v. Cal State - Fullerton - Game #1

Bogus Smith

Robert Barbosa starts in LF with the injury-riddled outfield (Elder with an arm injury from running in to the wall, Mitchell out with a broken hand and Meija out with a broken elbow).  Barbosa is a walk-on from the Dallas area, but is the second fastest player on the team (after Mitchell).

Martinez walks in the first and steals second; gets to third on the catcher's error (throw) at second.  Furmanek (swinging) and Natarro (looking) strike out.  Going to the bottom of the first.

Boy, this is getting ugly fast!!  Already 4-0 in the bottom of the first, and we just got the second out!  Sure could have used a run or two in the top of the first.

Geoff talking about all the injuries already effecting this team.  Said the injury sustained by Elder when he ran into the wall a few games back was a separated shoulder and broken arm.

Sully getting worked over pretty good in the early going.  CSF getting all the breaks so far, but it's a long night, and hopefully we can get our legs under us.

Seth struggling behind the plate, but made a nice play to second to prevent the steal and get us out of the inning. 

Interesting fact - CSF scored four runs and left no runners on base!  Pretty efficient.

Man aboard!  Let's get this guy in.  Need a run this inning to start eating into the CSF lead.

Interesting fact - CSF scored four runs and left no runners on base!  Pretty efficient.

Now that sounds like someone that's watched some baseball and knows something about the game!!  :-D

Now that sounds like someone that's watched some baseball and knows something about the game!!  :-D

Are you jerking me around, Bogus?  I'm just a little bit gun-shy after my gaffe yesterday :oops:.

Are you jerking me around, Bogus?  I'm just a little bit gun-shy after my gaffe yesterday :oops:.

You might be time-zone challenged, but you've watched a few hit-and-runs in your day!!  8-)

Another - kind of nice to see the field to give some perspective of where the guys are playing:

1093766236_db8c384a9d.jpg?v=0

A pop up fly got us out of the bottom of the third, but not before we bungled a pickle.  Not very often you have the opportunity, and it was well executed, but Price dropped the ball trying to apply the tag.  Too Bad!!

Geoff still saying 4-1, but gametracker says 5-1.  I think Geoff is right.  I didn't hear CSF plating any more runners.

I have the ORU gametracker on and it never had the score wrong.  Bogus had the other one on and was arguing about the score with me.  I was right as usual.  :)

Well, unfortuantely, that's all moot - CSF scores two in the bottom of the fourth:cry:!