ORU # 30 in first RPI

ORUTex

ORU is not in the baseball america top 25 either

Baseball America is usually the last place we show up in the polls.  We usually find ourselves in the Collegiate Baseball and NCBWA polls before we show up in the Coaches' or Baseball America polls.  Winning the first game at CSF would be a big time move for us to get attention - pitting Sullivan against their #1 pitcher. 

I'm hopeful that with DBU playing two games before Thursday this week, including a road game to Lubbock and traveling that night back to Dallas, that our series this weekend will be a good one (hopeful is the operative word here - not trying to be overconfident).

Exactly...if we're 10-2 after this weekend and 12-3 or 13-2 after Spring Break, we'll see a lot more votes.  When we start breaking into the polls, it will be hard to get us out of them.

I agree, we just need to get in them before conference season starts and hopefully above #20 so we can stay in there. 

Baseball America is usually the last place we show up in the polls.  We usually find ourselves in the Collegiate Baseball and NCBWA polls before we show up in the Coaches' or Baseball America polls.  Winning the first game at CSF would be a big time move for us to get attention - pitting Sullivan against their #1 pitcher. 

I'm hopeful that with DBU playing two games before Thursday this week, including a road game to Lubbock and traveling that night back to Dallas, that our series this weekend will be a good one (hopeful is the operative word here - not trying to be overconfident).

DBU is a good club and exactly where we were a few years ago.  What i mean is...they rely on the mid-week games and often throw the stud...which means we may get a tired stud or a bullpen stud in training...

or...maybe not...

If we can take at least 2 of 3....

beating them will give us a legitimate road series win over a solid squad...exactly what we would need heading to fullerton.