• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ORUTex

• Bogus Smith

• theeagleman5

• tmh8286

Top Posters In This Topic

SWEET!!!....this win takes a bit of the sting out of last night's result in Sioux Falls...TheEagleman is very pleased...sounds like the ORU baseball team has some balls..... :-D

SWEET!!!....this win takes a bit of the sting out of last night's result in Sioux Falls...TheEagleman is very pleased...sounds like the ORU baseball team has some balls..... :-D

No it doesn't. Don't lie to yourself. Although we should all still be very proud of our athletic department.

No it doesn't. Don't lie to yourself. Although we should all still be very proud of our athletic department.

That we are....from Carter on down to the interns....everyone in that office has a lot to be proud of and shouldn't think any differently.  We are very blessed.

Great win for ORU baseball over a quality opponent - on their field. Should be very help come NCAA Tournament seeding time. Timely hitting, good pitching and defense.... gotta love it.

After the game, the Rice radio broadcaster said that ORU's win snapped a 21-game home streak for them going back to regional play last year.

Last night's loss sucked, but I wouldn't be mad about a trip to Omaha this summer  :-D

MM, TheEagleman is still hurting like you over last night....was just enjoying this win and trying to put what happened on the court aside for a few hours....i understand your pain....but did you really have to give me a -1 for it?....ouch!.... :-P

We had to leave for church during the top of the seventh, so I went for two hours not knowing how we did.  I was THRILLED to hear that ORU held on till the end.

Thanks to ORUTex for the great on-site reports and analysis during the game.  They really added a lot over what we were getting in the audio stream from the cheerleader.

So what is the Rice record at this point?  At one point the cheerleader said that ORU "was just six and two on the young season".  Had he left "just" out of that comment I wouldn't have had any problem with it - but when he said "just" it left me wondering what point he was making.

So - what is the Owls record at this point in "the young season?"

I answered my own question - the Owls drop to 8-4, while the Eagles improve to 7-2 - on the young season, of course.

From College Baseball Insider:

Oral Roberts 5, No. 7 Rice 3

In Houston, Kyle Price had an RBI double in the top of the ninth that snapped a 3-3 tie and lifted ORU past Rice at the Academy Sports & Outdoors Rice Classic at Reckling Park. Michael Notaro led off the ninth with a single for the Golden Eagles (7-2). Pinch-runner Nikko Wong was sacrificed to second, moved to third on a wild pitch and came home on Price’s double. Price moved to third on an error and scored an insurance run on a Danny Duffy double to make it 5-3. Seth Furmanek drove in two for ORU. Chad Mozingo had two hits and an RBI for the Owls (8-4).

Rice was the only team in the Top 10 to fall today...  :-D

BRING ON DALLAS BAPTIST!!!... :-D

It was not a good day for Rice athletics - they lost in basketball to TU last night, 60-50.  So they lost to ORU in baseball in the afternoon, and to Tulsa in basketball in the evening.

Tulsa may have lost most of it's oil business to Houston, but we're winning the sports war :wink:!

As you probably figured out, my blackberry battery died before I could post the last out, but I'm glad to see you all had it covered.  It was a great win, and very encouraging for the rest of the season.

Congrats on beating these guys!  They have the worst fans on the interwebs and I root against them in all things as a result. 

Congrats on beating these guys!  They have the worst fans on the interwebs and I root against them in all things as a result. 

Thanks, Gold* - it was a pretty sweet win for our team.  Hopefully we can build on it with some wins against DBU this weekend.

It was not a good day for Rice athletics - they lost in basketball to TU last night, 60-50.  So they lost to ORU in baseball in the afternoon, and to Tulsa in basketball in the evening.

Tulsa may have lost most of it's oil business to Houston, but we're winning the sports war :wink:!

Or maybe Ricin just sucks really bad at all things.

We put 60+ on them in football last season and their fans claimed they still had a better team.  Their fans are a combination of the french guy and the Black Knight from Holy Grail.  Even their beat writer, Moisakapenda Bower (affectionally called "Chewbacca" on the TU board), is crazy.  Truly one of those schools I love to root against.  I hope C-USA kicks them out of the league at some point.