ORU vs Rice, March 8

ORUTex

Can we call this one of those Summit League 7 inning games??  I'd be happy with a 3 - 1 win.  Actually I'd be happy with ANY win today!!

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ORUTex

• Bogus Smith

• theeagleman5

• tmh8286

Top Posters In This Topic

This has the makings of a huge confidence building win for ORU....9 more outs....not over for sure against a top 10 team like Rice.......Go Blue!.... :-)

C'mon eagleman, you know better than that. Lots of baseball still to be played. But the fans around me are starting to talk about how the Owls are just going thru the motions today.

Would be nice if we can tack on a couple more here!

By the way, this is a very nice college baseball stadium. Wouldn't mind getting sent to a regional here if we can't host our own (which could be a legit possibility if the rest of the season goes as hoped).

Hey Tex...here's and old joke to tell those home Rice fans....sorry, Tex....even a bit too harsh for theeagleman...so i edited myself............... :-D :-D :-D

By the way, this is a very nice college baseball stadium. Wouldn't mind getting sent to a regional here if we can't host our own (which could be a legit possibility if the rest of the season goes as hoped).

The Mrs. and I have toured Rackling Park (outside of baseball season) and you're right it is a very nice ballpark with lots of things around it to do - the Medical Park is there, the Houston Art Museum, etc.  It does make for a great venue for a regional.

Andre leaves after 6 1/3 to polite applause from everyone. One on, one out. He can only get the win. Serrano in.

Three crappy little choppers. One just eludes our 2B and the next is an RBI groundout to the P. A wild pitch and another slow chopper to SS that he barely beats out and its 3-3 headed to the 8th.

On the plus side, they haven't hit anything hard against Serrano.

hey tex...who won the ND-WSU game earlier?... :|

Wow, the new eagleman self editing!  Too bad he couldn't unjinx giving up the lead.

One of these years I'd like to have an at-large bid in the bag. Then I wouldn't mind too much if someone like Centenary pulled a Summit tourney upset (a la their upset of A&M).

hey tex...who won the ND-WSU game earlier?... :|

Notre Dame won - think it was 7 - 3.  WSU committed 5 errors in the game, helping ND's cause.

Wow, the new eagleman self editing!

Wow!!  The new and improved(?), more mellow version of the E-man!!  Eagleman, Jr. must be reading the board or something, huh??  :-D  :-D

So if ORU wins this game...who wins the tournament with ORU, ND and Rice all finishing at 2-1?..... :roll:

HAHAHA!....EaglemanJr is 30 yrs old and loves it when the old man stirs the pot....he is an ORU fan but his first love is Florida State...he enjoyed it when the Noles swept us 2 yrs ago....but yes, TheEagleman has mellowed....not wanting to offend the ORU faithful....at least not too much..... :-D

So if ORU wins this game...who wins the tournament with ORU, ND and Rice all finishing at 2-1?..... :roll:

Ask us after the game...we need to win this puppy before we can go through the "tie-breaker" rules.  When we get to that, we'll ask TMH!!  :-D

Rally cap time!!  We want to win this in regulations.

5 - 6 - 7 hitters (Notarro, Mejia, and Kyle Price) coming to bat!!  They're due...

I don't think there's a trophy so I'll settle for 2-1 with a win over the top-10 hosts.

Need to get it done in the ninth or it could be a very late drive back to Austin.