ORU vs Rice, March 8

ORUTex

Since it is now baseball only season, I came over to the game. I'm sure there are livestats and all that, but I'll try to provide some observations if anyone is reading. Eagles are taking infield now, so we'll probably start at 3:50 or so.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ORUTex

• Bogus Smith

• theeagleman5

• tmh8286

Top Posters In This Topic

Serrano on the mound for infield. Looks like he's starting, but we'll be batting first.

Thanks for the updates, Tex.  You'll need to give us some "color commentary" as well and let us know how the weather and conditions at Rackling Park are as well.

You can also pick up a live feed of the Rice Owls Radio network here.  Pre-game starts at 3:50.

Enjoy the game, Tex!!

Actually, Lamontagne was just announced as the starter. And our coach was introduced as Rob Watson. We must make them pay for the disrespect!

I was out giving driving lesson to number three son, figured I'd miss some of the game, but it sounds like we got back just in time!

Actually, Lamontagne was just announced as the starter. And our coach was introduced as Rob Watson. We must make them pay for the disrespect!

Serrano will not be far behind if Andre isn't effective today - there isn't a mid-week game and the next game is four days away.

Yes, the lack of respect for the reigning undefeated Collegiate Division USA Coach should not go unpunished.

The radio guy is having trouble with our lineup.  Among the funnier things, he said that Seth Fermonkey (instead of Fermanek) was hitting third and that Justin Mitchell was catching instead of center field (mixed up the "C" instead of "CF" in the position column).

They'll learn his name soon enough  :-D Furmanek is a machine! RBI double-

1-0 ORU

Good guys off to a great start. Garewal with a grounder up the middle that SS couldn't handle. First scored a hit - correctly - then changed to E. Nice sac bunt then a solid single up the middle for Seth. Garewal beat the throw barely, and also took out the catcher to let Seth advance to 2nd. PJ long double to the RCF gap makes it 2-0. Headed to bottom of 1st.

Bats getting started early today. Hopefully Andre gets a good start

Andre is really struggling to find the plate. Plus a couple bad breaks. A chopper straight down that bounced all the way into LF and a grounder through the 3B-SS hole.

EDIT - but he bears down with a popup and DP grounder and we're out of the inning!  Whatever Mr "Watson" said during the mound visit must have been gold!

Nice recovery right there. Shallow pop-up and then a 6-4-3 double play to end the inning.

2-1 ORU, top 2nd

Really nice AB by Mitchell in the 9 spot. Fouled off at least 4 with 2 strikes then almost beat out a 3-2 chopper.

Really nice AB by Mitchell in the 9 spot. Fouled off at least 4 with 2 strikes then almost beat out a 3-2 chopper.

Tex, you're about 3 - 5 minutes ahead of the radio network and LiveStats.  Glad you're able to get us the information before we get it electronically.  :-D

The guy that's had too much caffeine today is still calling Justin the catcher.  At first I thought the guy was pretty good - miles better than the guys from UTSA - but he jabbers too much!!  It's impressive how many stats he wiggles in to his PBP.

So far Rice having great success getting runners on base.  Hope we can keep them from crossing the plate.  I get the feeling that our lead will be tough to hold without getting some more runs ourselves.

I'm thinking this won't be another 2-1 ballgame :wink:!

If Andre could start innings the way he finidhes them we'd be golden. Puts the first 2 on then failed sac, K looking, and line drive to right. Top of 3, still 2-1 Eagles