• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• tmh8286

• Bogus Smith

• theeagleman5

• ORUTex

Top Posters In This Topic

Bowen walks another batter - bases loaded again; Kelly comes in for Bowen.

PTL!....on that note, TheEagleman has to go...Mrs.Eagleman has the car running....bring home a win, will ya!.....GO BLUE!.... :-)

Okay, had a phone call - bottom of the eighth, two outs, one on, Martinez at bat, score still 2-1, ORU.

Ground out to first!!! Good guys win!!!

Kelly pitched 2 and 2/3 innings brilliantly.  Got to be one of his best outtings as a Golden Eagle.

GREAT, GREAT win by Big Blue!!

We dodged a LOT of bullets in this game - and I thought it would eventually come back to bite us - but TJ Kelly comes through in the clutch.  Great win for ORU - now let's take one from Rice tomorrow!

Very good win for the good guys.  I agree with playball...we need to swing the bats tomorrow!!  This is the second game in a row that we end up with only four hits - eight hits in two games usually means two losses.  We're very fortunate to get the two runs in the third - both runs unearned, by the way - which allowed our pitchers to take charge. 

Don't know what happened with Bowen to have that many walks.  Hopefully it was an issue with the home plate umpire not giving the corners like some do and that Bowen really wasn't all that wild.  For a freshman, Bowen is doing a great job to date.

For Rice, we have LaMontangne and Serrano available to go.  It should be another low scoring game if things go according to plan.  Hopefully we can hear things on the Owls network.

Amazingly, Bowen walked six of the eight batters he faced, including five in one inning, yet still pitched 1 1/3 innings only giving up one run (2 caught stealing).  Credit Furmanek and some really bad (in retrospect, at least) baserunning decisions by WSU.

We dodged a LOT of bullets in this game - and I thought it would eventually come back to bite us - but TJ Kelly comes through in the clutch.  Great win for ORU - now let's take one from Rice tomorrow!

What bullets, Blue?  I thought Kelly was tremendous today.

What bullets, Blue?  I thought Kelly was tremendous today.

I'm referring to the 13 runners the Cougars left on base.  Any key hit with those "ducks on the pond" would have spelled trouble for the Eagles.