Washington State vs. ORU

tmh8286

ORU plays the Cougars at 4:30 this afternoon.  Last time we played them was in basketball in the NCAA tournament a couple of years ago, and I'm feeling the need for some payback!  We should wrap this game up just about in time to get some dinner and then settle in for the basketball game at 8:30.

Looks like WSU will have a radio broadcast as well as live stats available:

WSU Broadcast and Gametracker

The ORU sports information folk also indicated that live stats will be available at:

RiceOwls.com

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• tmh8286

• Bogus Smith

• theeagleman5

• ORUTex

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess you can't win 'em all, but that one sure would have been a nice one to have in the bag.

For some of you sharper baseball aficionados, what should we expect from Washington State?  Are they a strong program?  Can we pull off a win tomorrow if we pitch well and thing go our way?

Washington State went 2 - 2 vs. #16 Oklahoma on WSU's home field last weekend.  OU has a nice ballclub after having watched them come from behind to take UCLA yesterday.  WSU definitely has the players to take us, but I'm thinking that Rob will be talking about offense and the field defense this morning and our attack will be more balanced in today's game (hopefully this isn't just wishful thinking).

Washington State lost to Rice yesterday by the same 2-1 score, so both WSU and ORU will be trying to "right the ship" in today's game.  This sounds like a very competively-matched Tournament.

Jameson Dunn gets the start for ORU against Washington State.  I guess we're holding Andre LaMontagne for Rice tomorrow.  First batter for WSU stikes out looking; second batter walks.

Third batter gets on with a fielder's choice, taking out the guy at second base.  He tries to steal second and is thrown out by Seth Furmanek.  Good first inning for the good guys!!

Score still 0-0 after 2 innings.  No hits by the Eagles (1 BB); WSU had two singles in the second inning, Jameson balked them to second and third with one out, but struck out the next batter and a fly out to RF ended the thread by the Cougars.  Flirted with fire there, but no one was burned.

Is there a video feed for this game?

Not that I'm aware of...you can buy the audio feed from the WSU site for $9.95 (link in the first comments of this thread).

Going in to the top of the 6th (we're the home team) with the lead still at 2-0.  Jameson Dunn is still pitching going into the 6th.  I can't imagine Rob will continue with JD if he gets into trouble early.  We have a bevy of horses in the bullpen to come to the rescue; however, I hope that Jameson keeps throwing strikes and the defense behind him performs.

Whew!!  Bowen strikes out DH for Washington State, gets out of the jam in the top of the sixth!!

Not so, boys...theEagleman is still out here for about another 30 minutes and reading your reports....thanks, guys!....GO BLUE!.... :-)

For you, Eagleman - top of the seventh, two out, one on, Bowen pitching for ORU.