Man! NOT AGAIN!

Irish333

WMU Fourth Batter - Flied out to Center Field.  Took awhile. Sully was keeping the runner close at first base.  Whew!  Looks like there is action in the pen now.

Tex - it's still 3-2 ORU.

ORU is batting in the bottom of the 6th, but we are not getting ORU at bat info. Only ORU pitching info via text from one of the students at the game.

Just got a text....

ORU is up and they have the bases loaded with no outs. Barbosa is up.

It would be a great time to do some damage!

GO EAGLES!!!!

AWESOME.

BASES LOADED, LINE DRIVE TO THE OUTFIELD.  FIELDER SLID WITH BALL PASSING BY.  BASES CLEARED.  9-2

NEXT BATTER ON BASE,

NEXT BATTER HOMERUN FOR ORU.  SCORE NOW 11-2

NICE CUSHION!  POUR IT ON BOYS, TAKE AWAY THEIR WILL TO FIGHT!

ORU WINS 12-3!

Don't ask me how the final scoring went, I stopped getting updates.

Thanks to the student, I was able to follow the game. 

GO EAGLES.!

Irish, Sisko, et al....I don't know that LiveStats are going to be operational for tomorrow's game, but they are aware that it's down and it needs to get "plugged in".  I would expect it to be up and going for the UTSA series.

The game today, although cold, was obviously a good one for the good guys.  WMU really helped us out in the sixth inning with two errors (really three, but the scorer was very benevolent on the first hit of the inning and didn't give the second baseman an error).  Up until the sixth, WMU really was handling our hitters very well.  The defensive lapses really allowed us to get the upper hand on the pitchers and it was a downhill ride the rest of the way.  Jameson Dunn came on for Sully in the seventh inning and did some stellar work.  I would expect to see a lot of JD during the season in middle relief.

WMU is a great first series matchup for our team.  They have some very good players and I really wasn't expecting a northern tier team to be as good as they are.  They are picked to win the MAC West this year and it shows.  Next weekend's series with UTSA will really show where we are at in the early part of the season as their team is expected to win the Southland Conference again this season and they won their first game of the series against San Francisco, a team that swept us at JLJ last season.

Nothing like starting 2-0....a sweep tomorrow will be even better...go Big Blue!.... :-)