5 cool things i saw today

ORUIsbig

Today was an interesting day for being part of the ORU family.  A great day.  Here are 5 cool things i saw today:

5.  ORU continues their home streak.  I didn't think they would do it.

4.  700 alumni stuffed into "SAGA" excited to be ORU alumni.

3.  A man of God proposing at halftime of homecoming on valentines day

2.  My son in his first Oral Roberts University shirt, matching his daddy

1.  Thousands of people honoring the founder of the university as he graciously passes the torch to new leadership.

You don't forget days like this.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• tmh8286

• Mike Minyard

• Bogus Smith

• Old Titan

Top Posters In This Topic

Was President Roberts at the game?....if so, bring him back for NDSU!... :-D

It was cool to see Oral on the jumbatron sporting the white Golden Eagles hat. Everyone stood up and gave him a gracious standing applause.

I also saw Dr. Rutland, Mart Green, and Eddie Sutton there. It was definitely a special night.

Oral loves his basketball...he used to be able to stick that J back in the day....The Prez could really ball...... :-D

Sounds like a great weekend at 7777 South Lewis!

Wish I could have been there to experience all of it!

Oral sat with Ken Trickey on the front row of Section E.  A lot of people made their way to the railing and shook hands with them.

Oral sat with Ken Trickey on the front row of Section E.  A lot of people made their way to the railing and shook hands with them.

Including me!  I had never met Oral before last night, and shaking his hand was on my list of things to do in life.  It was awesome to finally shake his hand.

It was really special to see Ken Trickey and Oral sitting together, and seeing them having such a good time together.  The relationship between Trickey, the university, and certain administrators over the last decade just didn't seem proper.  I'm glad to see people have moved on, and that we have things the way they should be at our school.

Including me!  I had never met Oral before last night, and shaking his hand was on my list of things to do in life.  It was awesome to finally shake his hand.

It was really special to see Ken Trickey and Oral sitting together, and seeing them having such a good time together.  The relationship between Trickey, the university, and certain administrators over the last decade just didn't seem proper.  I'm glad to see people have moved on, and that we have things the way they should be at our school.

Wow, that must be some list... :cry:

Towards the end of the game Jarvis hit a big 3 and started pounding on his chest - from my vantage point it looked like he was giving George Hill a pretty serious stare....

I bet it was a big deal for some of those guys to play in front of him, seeing that he's having a pretty good rookie year in the NBA.

TheEagleman loves the Jarvis chest pounding....maybe he should have run over and high fived OR.....no, that's probably a T for Summit officials.... :-D....wonder if Oral liked the Gold Unis?... :wink:

Wow, that must be some list... :cry:

Yeah, I guess that's stupid of me to put meeting the founder of my alma mater before it's too late on my life.  My bad.  :roll:

Adding to the 5 cool things list -

I thought seeing Sterns and co. do the Titans cheer and then the maniacs replicating it was pretty cool.

Next time, let's the words to the old fight song up on the board....

BTW, the people running the board are doing a great job. It adds so much to the game experience. Now, if we could just get the refs to look up there and change some of their bad calls.  :wink:

BTW, the people running the board are doing a great job. It adds so much to the game experience. Now, if we could just get the refs to look up there and change some of their bad calls.  :wink:

I noticed last night that during the intro video that they turned up the volume substantially...I'm glad they figured that out, it adds alot more energy at the start of the game and it's a pretty sweet clip showing the rings and stuff.  I think we need to get one of Ford's highlights in there though. It's fun to watch the opposing team all look up at that and think, "Man I'd like to have one of those!" 

I'm not going to comment on the officiating last night.  I can hardly talk today from screaming all night.  The "Jim Belushi" guy was atrocious. 

I noticed last night that during the intro video that they turned up the volume substantially...I'm glad they figured that out, it adds alot more energy at the start of the game and it's a pretty sweet clip showing the rings and stuff.  I think we need to get one of Ford's highlights in there though. It's fun to watch the opposing team all look up at that and think, "Man I'd like to have one of those!" 

I'm not going to comment on the officiating last night.  I can hardly talk today from screaming all night.  The "Jim Belushi" guy was atrocious. 

Yeah, the Jim Belushi guy is Tom O'Neill, Jr.  He has done a total of six - count them, six - NCAA games in his career; two of them at ORU (he did the HOF game with SUU in January).  The other games have either been IUPUI (2 in Indianapolis one against SDSU in Brookings) or IPFW (at Ft. Wayne). 

In both ORU games he called in excess of 40 fouls.  In the three IUPUI games in Indianapolis, he called no more than 26 fouls.  Do you think that the pace of play and depth perception causes this official a little problem??  At least Wegenke and Spencer have 200 and 343 games, respectively between them at this level. 

I hate having to train new officials at this level!!