• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ManiacAlum

• TrueBlue82

• Old Titan

• ORUalum

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

They way we are playing reminds me of the way we played at NDSU last year, only in that game there was nothing on the line.  Today, almost any chance of staying in the race for first is on the line. 

9 point loss to IPFW. Nice. Let the trash talking begin. haha

Looks like we were caught looking ahead.

Very disappointing performance today.  We had 15 more FG attempts than IPFW - and lose.  IPFW makes only 6 FG in the second half - and wins.  Unofficially, we were an incredible 2-20 from beyond the arc.  Two technicals.  Frankly, we looked like a mid-range NAIA team today - and the officiating crew was sub-NAIA caliber.  #1 seed is GONE, Co-Championship is only available if NDSU stumbles, and it all comes down to three games in March in Sioux Falls.  Need to regroup for the tourney...

Poor offensive output and weak free throw shooting finally caught up with us.... we don't have a consistent  jump shooter and our 3-point shooting is bad. Hard to outscore your opponent shooting 33% fg percentage - and only 10% (!!!) from behind the 3-point line.

I hope we are recruiting a shooting guard. Maybe the young guys will get better next year with a season under their belt.

We dug ourselves too big a hole with the non-conference losses.  While we will still most likely be the 2-seed in the conference tournament, our record if we win out will still only be 20-13, I think.

With the 2 losses this weekend, if we regroup and win the Summit League Tournament, we will most likely be looking at a 16-seed, with an out-side shot at a 15-seed. 

If we stub our toe again, we increase the likelihood of being in the play-in game. 

If we can't make 3-point shots, we won't have to worry about post-season play.

Coming into this season, I thought Dominique Morrison, Kyron Stokes, and Beloved Rogers, when he earned playing time, would all complement Robert Jarvis' 3-point shooting.  I'm disappointed that none of them are finding their groove.  I remember Moses Ehambe went through the same thing until he finally broke through.  We need someone to break through right now!

However, as badly as we played tonight, I still think we are capable of beating Oakland or NDSU.  I just think we are also capable of laying an egg in the 1st round game, since being in Sioux Falls will feel more like a road game.

I am disappointed that after 3 straight fouls on Marcus (his 2nd, 3rd, and 4th) in a very short period of time, when Kevin Ford came back in, he couldn't get much going.  Next year he needs to be the man while DBH grows into his role as the "other" power forward.  So I hope that for the rest of this year, when the offense runs through Kevin (when Marcus is on the bench) that he is able to deliver consistently.  Otherwise, Greg Kampe is on to something.  Just double Marcus hoping that Kevin Ford and our 3-point shooting won't make you regret it.

Anybody know what happened on the Sang and bench technicals?  I wasn't listening, AND I COULDN'T WATCH DUE TO THOSE STINKIN' TECHNICAL DIFFICULTIES!!

It was a 4-point contest with 1:30 to go when that happened, but the free throw-fest that ensued put the game completely away.

sango got a tech for slapping the floor after a bad call that was his fifth foul.  coach sutton then got a tech for disputing the calls.

sango got a tech for slapping the floor after a bad call that was his fifth foul.  coach sutton then got a tech for disputing the calls.

Hax and Mackey went more ballistic about it than the bench, I think - they were both calling for Sutton to draw another and get tossed.  In the emotion of the moment in my minid I agreed, but later I was glad Scott was in there to coach them through to the end.