TU, ORU combating economic downturn (TW)

Mike Minyard

I saw Billy Joel, and Crosby, Stills and Nash at the Mabee Center - they both rocked (well, as hard as Billy Joel and CSN can rock, of course)

My original comment about the Floyd fans had NOTHING to do with their religious beliefs; it was about a group of concert goers who may just be accustomed to a little more liberal enforcement of building codes at places like The Brady Theater and Cain's Ballroom.

I just hope the "Yellow Coats" at the Mabee Center are prepared!

For the record:  I love the Floyd; I've seen The Australian Pink Floyd Show two of the past three years at The Brady, and it was AWESOME both times.

That doesn't mean I'm an athiest - nor does it mean I'm cookin' the dube while singing along to "Comfortably Numb".  8-)

The Floyd show is good.  I've seen it once and that was enough for me. I also forgot we saw Sesame Street Live last year, definitely didn't rock, but they had a great marketing ploy.  These people walk around with these gigantic Elmo helium balloon towers and approach you and question what kind of parent you are.  With thousands watching...I, of course, buy one.  They tie it on to your kids arm, then say, "that'll be $30".  Brilliant.

Mrs. Eagleman and I saw CSN in Atlantic City this past summer...my favorites...they can still rock with the best of them....loved it!.... :-D

TU, ORU combating economic downturn

20090130_b1_klein-john_package.jpg

By JOHN KLEIN Senior Sports Columnist

Published: 1/30/2009  2:19 AM

Last Modified: 1/30/2009  3:07 AM

Isn't John Klein a handsome devil???

John Klein is a handsome devil.  And a handsome devil is John Klein.  Have I told you that John Klein is a handsome devil?  That writes for the Tulsa World.  That is the newspaper in Tulsa, OK, which is in the United States on planet Earth.  And that is the paper where the handsome devil John Klein writes.

John Klein is as handsome a devil as Tiger Woods is a great golfer.  Have you heard of Tiger Woods?  He is a pro golfer and very successful.  The successful Tiger Woods is among the best golfers in the United States.  And the United States is on planet Earth, which is also where Tulsa, OK is, and coincidentally, the location of the Tulsa World -- where the handsome John Klein happens to write.  Sometimes he writes about Tiger Woods, who, is arguably a pretty good golfer.

/John Klein impersonation gag from TU board

The Floyd show is good.  I've seen it once and that was enough for me. I also forgot we saw Sesame Street Live last year, definitely didn't rock, but they had a great marketing ploy.  These people walk around with these gigantic Elmo helium balloon towers and approach you and question what kind of parent you are.  With thousands watching...I, of course, buy one.  They tie it on to your kids arm, then say, "that'll be $30".  Brilliant.

Same premise behind the girls in Vegas who come to your table and guilt you into a $10 rose for your date.  :|