Re: Help Break a 25 Year Old School Record on Monday at Noon

Mike Minyard

Not to make a blatant attempt to kiss MM's rear end....

Go ahead - we won't watch  :wink:.

During the National Anthem, many of the kids actually sang along, they were actually into the game. The knew when to cheer, when to chant "Defense" and "O-R-U". As much as it pains me to say it, the elementary kids were a more "basketball savvy" crowd than MOST of our season ticket holders/regular crowd.

Heyyyy - watch it . . .

And during a couple of the promotions, the sound inside the Mabee Center was literally DEAFENING!

Again, great job by MM, McCutchen, Higgins, & staff! I am really excited about this promotion for next year and beyond. Not only for the actual event, but for the fact that 4,000 or so kids and teachers left the ORU campus after a WONDERFUL experience!!!

That is a GREAT point, voice.  Four thousand young people, untainted by previous negative experiences or views, come away with a VERY POSITIVE experience they associate with ORU.  This kind of event will hopefully help give positive attitudes towards ORU to this younger generation.

I wondered if this event would be repeated.  Sounds like it should - it's a win/win for everyone.

The plan is to make this event an annual tradition.  It helps get a good crowd to a women's game, and it allows us to reach out to the community.  A win-win situation!

There was some talk yesterday about trying to do the same thing for a baseball game in the spring.  That way we could have a field trip promotion each semester.