Mid-Continent Notebook: (Tulsa World) - Jan 18, 2006

ORUTerry

Guest EagleBackr
I didn't think you wanted to face me and discuss our differences....As long as you can keep your identity a secret you talk big....From the e-mails I've gotten from others who post here, that's about normal for you....Oh, well....I offered the olive branch...now it's up to you...

zzzzzzzzzz.............zzzzzzzzzzz..............zzzzzzzzzzzz............zzzzzzzzzzzz.

Guest EagleBackr
That's what I thought....all talk...no substance....

Is everyone else as bored with this "I know you are, but what am I?" last-word drivel? OK, RLH - YOU WIN! YOU GOT THE LAST WORD IN!! NOW PRINT IT OUT AND HANG IT FROM YOUR DOUBLE-KNIT BLAZER!! I got bigger fish to fry...

Guest Rob Marshall

Gee, I'm flattered, but I must respectfully decline. I'm married. Besides, I've seen you on TV - frankly, you're not my type. :shock:

You had to know I wouldn't leave this thread alone. Frankly EB, I'm disappointed. Typically, you have a fresh take full of witty slang and obtuse analogies. Pardon me as I borrow your word here, but your contributions to this "drivel" is all too familiar.

As a matter of fact, you must have opted for your "cut & paste" button selecting from your archives of old threads from the now defunct "ORU.rivals" message board previously deleted by you following your time of contrition some six or seven months ago. You had rolled out one of your typical veiled attacks aimed at me for my opinion that Bill Self's 96-97 NIT team was superior to last year's ORU team. I invited you to lunch and well you can do the "cut & paste" thing from there.

Regarding RLH, yes, not unlike Mark Mangino, the man's probably never met a buffet he didn't like and clearly his passion for VU exasperates many an ORU fan as much as some of us do him. However, he's a good man and a quality person and your behavior here is drifting farther and farther from the kinder, softer, gentler "backrboy" you promised to be when you returned from your time on prayer mountain or wherever last summer. He asked you to have lunch with him and discuss your differences face to face like grown men, not to go see Brokeback Mountain for goodness sake!

Sorry to be so loquacious here, but you're an intelligent guy, Dr. EB. You can certainly do better than this. :idea:

Guest EagleBackr

You had to know I wouldn't leave this thread alone. Frankly EB, I'm disappointed. Typically, you have a fresh take full of witty slang and obtuse analogies. Pardon me as I borrow your word here, but your contributions to this "drivel" is all too familiar.

As a matter of fact, you must have opted for your "cut & paste" button selecting from your archives of old threads from the now defunct "ORU.rivals" message board previously deleted by you following your time of contrition some six or seven months ago. You had rolled out one of your typical veiled attacks aimed at me for my opinion that Bill Self's 96-97 NIT team was superior to last year's ORU team. I invited you to lunch and well you can do the "cut & paste" thing from there.

Regarding RLH, yes, not unlike Mark Mangino, the man's probably never met a buffet he didn't like and clearly his passion for VU exasperates many an ORU fan as much as some of us do him. However, he's a good man and a quality person and your behavior here is drifting farther and farther from the kinder, softer, gentler "backrboy" you promised to be when you returned from your time on prayer mountain or wherever last summer. He asked you to have lunch with him and discuss your differences face to face like grown men, not to go see Brokeback Mountain for goodness sake!

Sorry to be so loquacious here, but you're an intelligent guy, Dr. EB. You can certainly do better than this. :idea:

Jeez, Rob, you and rlh really need to get over yourselves! This is a freakin' message board - chock full of the cyber equivalent of graffiti on a bathroom wall. If anyone thinks I give a flyin' flip whether my "behavior" is "disappointing" or "familiar", then they're truly mistaken. Posting on the ORU message board is mental exercise for me; an escape from the mundane. I couldn't care less to "discuss it face to face like grown men". WE'RE ALL REPEATEDLY POSTING ON A COLLEGE BASKETBALL MESSAGE BOARD - THIS IS NO PLACE TO GO LOOKIN' FOR MATURITY!! And as for the "kinder, gentler" angle I toyed with earlier this year, my current bend toward the bitter is easily explained: I suffer fools poorly. Finally, regarding the REPEATED efforts of posters to break bread with me, I must once again make my position clear:

"I choose not to lunch."

(maybe you and rlh can get together face to face like men and have a manly burger with some manly fries...)

Perhaps I am over analyzing, but I think Backer is ashamed of his own behavior and it is easier to continue hiding than to reveal himself.

Then again he really could be that mean and shallow. :wink:

I prefer to think the glimpses we see of an intelligent & whitty personality is only the tip of the iceberg-----after all hell did freeze over this week.

This is a freakin' message board - chock full of the cyber equivalent of graffiti on a bathroom wall. If anyone thinks I give a flyin' flip whether my "behavior" is "disappointing" or "familiar", then they're truly mistaken. Posting on the ORU message board is mental exercise for me; an escape from the mundane. I couldn't care less to "discuss it face to face like grown men". WE'RE ALL REPEATEDLY POSTING ON A COLLEGE BASKETBALL MESSAGE BOARD - THIS IS NO PLACE TO GO LOOKIN' FOR MATURITY!!

Remember this, the next time you whine about how nobody else wants to have an intelligent discussion with you about racism. :roll::(

Guest EagleBackr
Then again he really could be that mean and shallow. :wink:

Let there be no mistake here - I really AM that mean and shallow! But as for being "ashamed"? Hardly. I sleep like a baby at night. Sometimes I even wet the bed. Hence the anonymity...

Guest Rob Marshall

You don't have to be ashamed of your bed wetting ... there is hope for you! Don't you know there are pharmaceutical products to address your problem?

Attention Mr. Moderator: PLEASE lock this thread IMMEDIATELY as it has digressed to discussing Dr. EB's bed wetting problem. :roll: