Can This Team Go 10-2 In Mid-Con The Rest Of The Way?

Guest EagleBackr

Guest EagleBackr
Otherwise we'll hafta use our SECRET WEAPON -

mr_randy_watson.jpg

Mr. Raaanndy Waaaaatson!

LOL!!!!! "SEX-YULL CHOCOLATE, EVERYONE! GIVE IT UP FOR SEX-YULL CHOCOLATE!!"

(You had to see "Coming to America" to get it...)

Guest Rob Marshall
At least we don't have to worry about K-State coming in here this year . . .

:lol: You're right, if Kansas State were on our schedule it would just be another "L" to a major conference member institution like Oklahoma, Minnesota, and Marquette, so I'm very glad don't have to worry about playing the Wildcats.

Kansas State is 10-4 after their win yesterday, but they were 0-2 in the Big 12 going into yesterday's game in Lawrence and coming off a horrible 15 point loss at home to Nebraska. Kansas State's coach (Jim Woolridge) is rumored to be in the "must win" year of his contract to keep his job so his team (which by the way is pretty talented, including former Tulsa Union star, Clent Stewart, off the bench) was in "must win" mode yesterday against a VERY young KU team that was caught asleep at the wheel rollin' along on their seven game winning streak. The young Hawks will be better in the big picture for having lost this game too.

I'm happy we're in the Mid Con where we can win a lot of games and have a legitimate shot at the NCAA tournament every year. We're right where we belong.

Losses @ UMKC, IUPUI, Oakland, and 2 at home. I hope I'm wrong and that we win more, but our guard play really sucks right now. If teams make Caleb the focal point of their defense. How many do you think we'll win if they do that and no one else steps it up?

IUPUI did exactly that (making Green their focal point) on Saturday and Owens and Riose stepped up. I personaly think we're about as bad off as we can get. I think we may lose to either UMKC, IUPUI, or Oakland. Chances we lose to all three? Extremely slim. And unless we just melt we will not lose two more at home. We just handely beat the next best team to ORU or Valpo. Worst case scenario, 12-4.