2009-2010

ORU Eli

To hijack this thread again, both Tuck and Eddie were great guys.  Calvert played middle linebacker for us in intramural football in 1976.  He was an awesome athlete - he went about 6-6 and 220.

The trivia question for the day is:  What was Eddie Calvert's nickname?

Golden Girl beat me to it - it was "Steel", short for "Man of Steel", an homage to his Clark Kent-style glasses that he not only wore but also played in.

I remember a "Night Train" that was an announcer for Titan Basketball in the late 70's - was it "Night Train" Lane?

I remember a "Night Train" that was an announcer for Titan Basketball in the late 70's - was it "Night Train" Lane?

The announcer was "Night Train Lane".  He was a volunteer the last couple of years for the Summitt Tournament (MidCon). We also see him at a lot of the ORU basketball games. He always has a big smile and is ready to visit basketball.

by the way, it's Eddie CalBert...not CalVert....nice kid...wonder what happened to him?...Tucker was also a nice guy but i did not know him well...my good friend in school was Kevin Dublynn who wore #10 and was a backup point guard in the mid-70's....great guy who could play a little golf and drink a little suds.... :-D

night train was great to talk to at the tourney, lots of stories

To hijack this thread again, both Tuck and Eddie were great guys.  Calvert played middle linebacker for us in intramural football in 1976.  He was an awesome athlete - he went about 6-6 and 220.

The trivia question for the day is:  What was Eddie Calvert's nickname?

I forgot about playing against Steel when he was linebacker for the Disciples. When he hit you coming across the middle on a slant ... oh, man, I don't want to think about it.

I played against Eddie Calbert and Disciples while suiting up for Youngblood back in the mid 70s....he was big, fast and yeah, he hit hard....did he drop of the basketball team after 1976?...what happened to him?

Are you kidding or serious, Sterns78?....by the way, i remember your brother(i assume), Randy very well....he was on Family and kicked our butts many times on the football field...a great guy always with a smile on his face while he was doing it.... :-)