• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Old Titan

• dchief42

• ron

• ORU Eli

Friends, are you thinking what I'm thinking: this ORU team has Depth, with a capital D! I'm thinking that you don't assemble this kind of a team without planning to make a serious run! If we can make a team out of this huge collection of talent: LOOK OUT!

Farrington + Ford + Bell-Holter

2cyqzr5.jpg

We are going to have a substantial number of new players this year.  A lot of new faces and with the returning players there will be multiple players shooting for one or two open spots, should be very interesting.  With the 14 players listed don't we have too many scholarshipped players i thought the limit was 13?

Returning players with playing time

1.Robert Jarvis

2.Kelvin Sango

3.Marcus Lewis

4.Marchello Vealy

5.Andre Hardy

6.Curtis Allen

New Players/Players with no Game experience

7.Jonathan Dunn

8.Kyron Stokes

9.Kevin Ford

10.Damen Bell-Holter

11.Beloved Rogers

12.Reggie Guyton

13.Dominique Morrison

14.Scotty Farrington

same conversation occurred last summer and the two cornerstone kids ended up never coming to Tulsa. My guess is one of the new guys might have problems qualifying academically or somebody like Allen or Vealy flake out (which would obviously not be smart.) Or perhaps there's a small chance everybody is coming and somebody has agreed to walk-on for a year.

same conversation occurred last summer and the two cornerstone kids ended up never coming to Tulsa. My guess is one of the new guys might have problems qualifying academically or somebody like Allen or Vealy flake out (which would obviously not be smart.) Or perhaps there's a small chance everybody is coming and somebody has agreed to walk-on for a year.

Does a basketball player with playing time lose his scholarship if he ceases to qualify academically?

We are going to have a substantial number of new players this year.  A lot of new faces and with the returning players there will be multiple players shooting for one or two open spots, should be very interesting.  With the 14 players listed don't we have too many scholarshipped players i thought the limit was 13?

Returning players with playing time

1.Robert Jarvis

2.Kelvin Sango

3.Marcus Lewis

4.Marchello Vealy

5.Andre Hardy

6.Curtis Allen

New Players/Players with no Game experience

7.Jonathan Dunn

8.Kyron Stokes

9.Kevin Ford

10.Damen Bell-Holter

11.Beloved Rogers

12.Reggie Guyton

13.Dominique Morrison

14.Scotty Farrington

Also be aware that Tim Morton (another big body - one of the Cornerstone kids that DIDN'T qualify) is enrolled in summer classes and is on campus as we speak (or will be soon :-D).

Does a basketball player with playing time lose his scholarship if he ceases to qualify academically?

Just like in junior high and high school, a kid that doesn't qualify academically doesn't play.

Exactly.

Academic casualties; injuries; transfers due to fear of lost playing time/girlfriend problems (seriously)/family issues; redshirts; etc. all combine to chip away at a team's active roster.

It's better to have too many, than not enough.

Things will sort out.

They always do.  8-)

As much as I hate to admit it, my gut says there is a good chance Vealy becomes the casualty in all of this.  Between grades, playing time, and questionable effort, he seems to be the most likely not to return.  That would be sad.  I think he had some of the highest potential of anybody we have had in a long time and for whatever reason, he has had trouble reaching even close to that potential.  He has shown flashes of brilliance but had problems with consistency. 

also Dominique Gaines is anouther player that was supposed to walk on with us I thought..did he decide to go somewhere else?...looks like we have more then enough players, and that is a good thing

This looks like a really great signing for ORU...on many of the baltimore messageboards they were talking about how he was the most underated player...anouther news site said that he was an A student too...here are some pics of him

Beloved....gotta love that...is that accent on the last syllable?... :-D

also Dominique Gaines is anouther player that was supposed to walk on with us I thought..did he decide to go somewhere else?...looks like we have more then enough players, and that is a good thing

Dominique Gaines reportedly has yet to fulfill his junior college graduation requirements and can't enroll at ORU (or any D-1 school) until he does so.

Having exhausted his JC playing eligibility, he must either sit out of basketball this year, hit the books, and get that associate's degree; or go the D-II/NAIA small college route for his final two years.

He's running out of options.  :|

Dominique Gaines reportedly has yet to fulfill his junior college graduation requirements and can't enroll at ORU (or any D-1 school) until he does so.

Having exhausted his JC playing eligibility, he must either sit out of basketball this year, hit the books, and get that associate's degree; or go the D-II/NAIA small college route for his final two years.

He's running out of options.  :|

I would expect Dominique to go the route of Larry Owens and use the upcoming year to get his academics in order while using a redshirt to maintain his two years of eligibility remaining.  I hear that he loves ORU and the coaches and, if there is room for his skills and position, I would expect him to be a part of the 2009 recruiting class; however, he is going to have to decide if there is enough playing time to satisfy him since there will be a lot of competition at his position.

I would expect Dominique to go the route of Larry Owens and use the upcoming year to get his academics in order while using a redshirt to maintain his two years of eligibility remaining.  I hear that he loves ORU and the coaches and, if there is room for his skills and position, I would expect him to be a part of the 2009 recruiting class; however, he is going to have to decide if there is enough playing time to satisfy him since there will be a lot of competition at his position.

Apparently, he also needs to decide whether or not he wants to be a Division-1 college student:|