Triple-Header Saturday

Old Titan

So we've one both games by 5-3 today?...and i guess they are starting game 3?...must be no lights at SDSU, huh?...

I just landed in Minneapolis - and my flight took me very close to Brookings.  It's clear today, so the daylight should last for up to two hours.  Perhaps they'll get it all in.

3 wins in one day might be a first...???.......we'll have to go to the NCAA  record books..... :|

The third game is zipping right along (knock on wood):  a little after 7:00 p.m. and ORU leads 4-1 in the top of the fourth, with one out during a pitching change.

The SDSU reliever tried to leap over the short chain link bullpen fence, rather than use the gate, and according to the laughing announcer, "almost killed himself."

So far today, the ORU pitching and defense has seen a big improvement over last weekend.

ORU plates four more in a 7-run inning, lead 8-1 headed to the bottom of the 4th.

Jerry Sullivan is cruising so far with four strikeouts.

The SDSU announcer just confirmed a question I had wondered about:  SDSU and NDSU are NOT eligible this year for the Summit League tournament in Tulsa at the end of the month.

Who's left?  I guess it will be Centenary, Southern Utah and somebody who doesn't deserve to be there...

The wheels are falling off for the Jacks...  Four more runs in the 5th inning for the good guys, making the score 12-1 going into the bottom of the 5th.  As OT noted before, Sully is cruising on the mound.

SDSU goes quietly in the bottom of the fifth, after a long discussion between coaches and umps, the game is called (according to the announcer) due to darkness and/or the 10-run rule.  It's an official game; not suspended - ORU wins it, 12-1.

The boys go for the sweep tomorrow at noon.  What a great day!  :-D

Thanks for all the updates through the day!

Great day for ORU baseball! :-)

Three wins in one day!

I appreciate the updates... Have been keeping track via my Blackberry all afternoon and evening. Let's make it four tomorrow.

I also appreciate all the updates.

Man, how much would it suck to have to face Jerry Sullivan at dusk in the third game of the day?

3 wins in one day!!!...wow!...we'll have to go to the books on the one for NCAA records...it certainly has to be the first time ORU has won 3 games in one day at least without one being the completion of a suspended game....great day for the Eagles!...let's get the sweep this afternoon....heading off to church now but will be back to check on scores later....thanks to all for those updates! 8-)