Triple-Header Saturday

Old Titan

Baseball got underway at 11:00 this morning, good guys failed to score in the top of the first.  Petralli started, and doubled off the wall, but was stranded there.

Jarman is the starting pitcher for ORU, having some control problems early, with a base-on-balls and two wild pitches moving the base runner to third with one out, but got a strikeout and a line-out to center to escape.

Weather:  cold and clear, with a strong wind blowing in. 

Western portions of South Dakota got as much as 4 feet of snow yesterday and last night - we're lucky to be playing these games at all.

ORU leads 4-0 in the middle of the third in Game 1.

Petralli has a double and a homer, while Groth has an RBI triple and a 2-run dinger for the Golden Eagles.

The SDSU starter has already thrown 80+ pitches in 40º weather.

Ouch...  :cry:

5-3 ORU in the top of the 9th.  Petralli is 4-4 today - I guess he is feeling better.

I think the SDSU broadcast is pretty good (not as good as Geoff of course).

6-3 final for the first game.

Starting 2nd game now with Luna on the mound.

Thanks for the updates everyone - let's go for the hat trick today!

No score headed to the top of the 4th inning in Game 2.

According to the announcer, both teams have had a lot of fly ball outs - not many  strikeouts or groundouts.

Luna walked two batters to load the bases with two outs in the bottom of the 3rd, before Nataro (sp?) made a diving stab of a ground ball at first to end the inning.

thanks for the updates and nice win in game 1...glad Petralli is playing and sounds like he was the star of the first game...sounds like a great day to play 3.... :-D    (teams may need parkas in the nightcap)

ORU sends five batters to the plate in the top of fourth, chasing the SDSU starter and scoring five runs.

It's 5-0 Golden Eagles headed to the bottom of the 4th.

sweet....hopefully, SDSU will run out of pitching like most Mid-Con teams......i don't want to get greedy but it would be just lovely to get a sweep this weekend after only a split at SUU last week.... :-)

Carlos Luna does another Jeckyl-and-Hyde impersonation in the bottom of the 4th:  gives up three singles, but also gets three K's, leaving the bases loaded for the second straight inning.

ORU leads 5-0, batting in the 5th.

Sounds like Luna is throwing a ton of pitches...no way he goes all 9 in this one, right?

5-1 ORU headed to the bottom of the 7th.

Luna still on the bump, 115 pitches in six innings.

Doubtful they will get this 9-inning game and the 7-inning Game 3 in before it gets dark.  My guess is they just want to play as much baseball today as possible before finishing things up tomorrow.

Wonder how and when they're feeding the guys?  They've probably been at the yard since about 9:00 a.m. this morning...  :|

Luna gives up three straight doubles, Jackrabbits cut the lead to 5-3.

ORU batting in the top of the 8th.

ORU goes down in order in the 8th.

Larsen for SDSU had been great in five innings of scoreless relief.

Luna is still out there for ORU.

Sorry to do this to you folks tracking the action here, but I'm going out for dinner - I'll try to catch back up later...

Luna must have thrown at least 130+ pitches thru 7...how can they put him out there for another???... :?.....no lights at SDSU???