Re: Friday Baseball @ SDSU Cancelled

Old Titan

Like the softball game the other day that garnered so much national attention, where the girl who hit a walk-off homer before blowing her knee out rounding first was carried around the bases by two opposing players.

Ya just gotta love stuff like that...  :-D

You're right, OT...it's a great story.  For those of you that haven't read about this, I have posted it below.  It's a great story.

Opponents carry injured home-run hitter around bases

Associated Press

With two runners on base and a strike against her, Sara Tucholsky of Western Oregon University uncorked her best swing and did something she had never done, in high school or college. Her first home run cleared the center-field fence.

But it appeared to be the shortest of dreams come true when she missed first base, started back to tag it and collapsed with a knee injury.

She crawled back to first but could do no more. The first-base coach said she would be called out if her teammates tried to help her. Or, the umpire said, a pinch runner could be called in, and the homer would count as a single.

Then, members of the Central Washington University softball team stunned spectators by carrying Tucholsky around the bases Saturday so the three-run homer would count - an act that contributed to their own elimination from the playoffs.

Opponents Carry Injured Home-Run Hitter Around Bases

Ya gotta hand it to SDSU for volunteering to play that third game on Saturday rather than just having the game called. You can call em a number of things, but you can't call em chicken  :-D. Thanks for being worthy opponents SDSU!

Ya gotta hand it to SDSU for volunteering to play that third game on Saturday rather than just having the game called. You can call em a number of things, but you can't call em chicken  :-D. Thanks for being worthy opponents SDSU!

I'm not so sure SDSU wanting to play was as much a heroic gesture as it was they hoped to win a couple of games...

well, they thought wrong.... :-D....still, they won one and were very competitive in 2 of the 3 they lost...my hat is off to SDSU...look forward to playing them next year in Tulsa!....

Based on how well they played us in 3 out of four games, they are one of the more worthy opponents that we have encountered. They obviously thought they had a chance to win some, that's true, and they did . . . but need I start talking about horseshoes and hand grenades here? :wink: