Re: Friday Baseball - at SUU

tmh8286

was the final 15-8?  I'm out of town...

Yeah, that was the final.  Sully had a rough bottom of the fourth (or fifth, I can't remember), with the Thunderbirds scoring five runs to make the score 8-5 at the end of that inning.  But ORU was able to come back and score more in the sixth, and Jerry came back out and pitched in the sixth, then T.J. Kelly came out in the seventh, struggled a bit but got the job done.

Glad we won a pair today to break the 2 game losing streak. Martinez must like the thin air up there.....who pitches the finale tomorrow?..3 of 4 would be a good result especially after dropping to opener!.. :-)

Not sure who is going in Game 4 tomorrow - maybe Geoff will show up on the Board tonight and let us know.  My guess would be Andre LaMontagne with Kelly Minissale going against Kansas on Tuesday.  The bullpen hasn't been working overtime lately (like earlier in the season), so Stephen Barnes, Brett Carroll, Mark Serrano, Jameson Dunn and Jason Grace are available to do some significant pitching.

On the bad news side, Ben Petralli didn't play in the second game due to a pulled hamstring during the first game today.  He tried to play through it in the first game, but they didn't put him out there for game 2.  If we lose him for a while, plan to see more of Johnny Roberts, Pat Murray and Mike Natarro in the lineup together (instead of platooned) to cover for Ben's bat.  BVK played behind the plate in game 2 for the first time this season and it showed - some poorly thrown balls to try catching runners on the bases.  Since Genao has been the steady third baseman, it's hard to put him behind the plate right now.  The better defensive 3rd baseman is Kyle Price, but his bat has not been consistent (and sometimes non-existent) this season.  We can't do without Genao's and Van Kirk's bats in the lineup, so we may be giving up more runs on defense for the sake of the offense.  I'm sure the pitchers will be glad about that!

Sorry to hear about Ben's injury...they probably will rest him today since the team doesn't play again until next friday vs. SDSU and a week off would help.....let's get that rubber game this afternoon!  8-)

Sorry to hear about Ben's injury...they probably will rest him today since the team doesn't play again until next friday vs. SDSU and a week off would help.....let's get that rubber game this afternoon!  8-)

Agreed.  I was thinking that we played Kansas this Tuesday, but it's next week - no mid-week game this week (it's finals week on campus).  I wouldn't be surprised to see a lot of pitchers get some work in today's game, regardless of the score, to keep everyone game-ready.

yes....theeagleman is ready to throw an inning if needed......... :-D