oru-ndsu score

jmg1984

Sisko, did they bring a contingent of fans along? What is it that you like about them?

I hope we save a few runs for the 2nd game....and also tomorrow afternoon...this a good start to the conference season for ORU....i hope we get some of those injured pitchers back before the post season tournament and the NCAAs.....

Sisko, did they bring a contingent of fans along? What is it that you like about them?

I'm not at the game.  I've just never seen a fan base so passionate but level headed and kind at the same time.  Most of the NDSU folk i've met or spoken to remind me of Gonzaga fans.  A ton of pride in their school but not an arrogance about them like i've seen a lot of.

by the way...how is the weather out there in T-town?...and what kind of crowd today?....does ORU draw better at night or day games?

The weather was BEAUTIFUL.  About 65-70, sunny, breezy.  Unfortunately, the crowd was small - I think Geoff said somewhere around 350.  That's probably about right.  It was a fun game to be at. 

Not sure if day or night are better attended.  Depends on the opponent, I guess.  Most of our better opponents are night games, so I suppose it would be night.

We play Arkansas at JLJ on the 15th and that should be a better attended game than today.  Regardless, it depends more on the competition than the weather as to the crowd that comes out to see the Eagles play.

Second game has started similarly...BVK hit a solo home run in the second and Geneau (sp?) hit a double to the wall.  Murray hit Geneau in with a RBI single.....2-0 good guys with no outs in the second inning.

Update....7-0 after 2 innings....should be a no-brainer here....no need to stay up to find out the ending on this one.

Ouch!....27 runs and still several innings to play in the nightcap...i think i read where they are only going 7 innings in the 2nd game, right?...could be a break for the Bison...they can get back to the hotel and grab a late pizza.... :-D

Ouch!....27 runs and still several innings to play in the nightcap...i think i read where they are only going 7 innings in the 2nd game, right?...could be a break for the Bison...they can get back to the hotel and grab a late pizza.... :-D

It's getting worse...13-0 so far late in the game.  So far today, it has been 33-2 for the good guys.  The batting averages should go up dramatically from this point forward in the season.  Hopefully the pitching that we're seeing in the Summit won't affect us when we play our mid-week games.