oru-ndsu score

jmg1984

oru down 3-1 but has two men on 2nd and 3rd with 1 out and 1 run in

you can get the live stats on the ndsu athletics web site im going to bed have to be up at 5

Good guys win the first game of the series, 6-4.  Double header tomorrow (first game nine innings, second game seven innings).  Jarman will start one of the games, don't know who will be the starter in the second game.

Fortunately, the win over NDSU didn't hurt our rating TOO BAD....

After the win last night, our #29 rating only declined one spot to #30.  Let's hope that two wins today (or, God-forbid, one loss) don't tank us into the 40's.  :-o

Can you imagine how pumped the Bison must've been yesterday - coming into Tulsa to play their first conference game against the prohibitive league champions and perennial NCAA participant on their home field - and scoring three runs in the top of the first???  The adrenalin was pumping in the visitor's dugout last night!  Glad to see the Eagles take charge and finish the game strong.  I'm expecting that we took their "best shot" and that we'll see a solid ORU sweep today... but this is baseball... and anything can happen!

... but this is baseball... and anything can happen!

Baseball - the strangest of all major sports.  The only one where you NEED a series to really know how good teams are in relation to each other.

Did you make it out to the game last night, Bogus?  We were tied up with other things, but plan to be out there today :-).

Terry - will you be out today?  If so, we should try to meet up.  I'm flexible :wink:.

The boys and I are planning to be there at around 2:00.... We'll look for you - which shouldn't be hard as we share a box.  :-D

Did you make it out to the game last night, Bogus?  We were tied up with other things, but plan to be out there today :-).

The Mrs. & I didn't make it out last night either (it's Tax Season, you know  :wink:).  I did get to listen to it from Hax's perspective though.  He calls a good game, doesn't he?

I plan to see a little bit today since the weather is nice, but will hopefully be able to leave with the game well in hand.

I see it's 14-2 for ORU in the 6th.....good guys putting up a 9 spot so far in the bottom of that inning....looks like a long day for NDSU! :-D

I left after the 7th run of that illustrious 6th inning....couldn't take it anymore!!  It's currently 18-2 going into the 9th of the first game. NDSU is out of pitching after their starters, so if their starter can't go at least into the 6th inning, the bullpen is not going to rescue them.

Nice to get a win, but hopefully we can get some of our subs in to help them get in some game situations.

maybe ORU should put out a call to the dorms that it's all hands on deck and we could get a few walk ons into the game....no sense in wasting good pitching when we have Arkansas coming up early next week.... :-D

by the way...how is the weather out there in T-town?...and what kind of crowd today?....does ORU draw better at night or day games?

i like the bison.  they are quickly turning into my favorite summit league fan base....

that said...

the bison may be in a bit over their heads in a 4 game series where they need a full rotation plus bullpen.

its 20-2....and ORU still has some eagles on base and only one out...