2008-9 Schedule....

theeagleman5

so...let's just forget about today's loss to Pitt and move on....any idea who might be on next year's non conference schedule besides TU and Creighton???....maybe we can get a rematch with Pitt at Mabee???...lol

no one on the inside is aware of any of the non conference scheduling for next season?

We'll probably be able to figure out some of the games as the off-season goes by, but they keep the schedule pretty close to the vest, eagleman.

This winter, using Google and a few hunches, we were able to put together all but six games of the baseball schedule, which we were pretty proud of :-D!

keep me posted, bro....would love to see a ORU schedule a game against one of the Philly teams back east....Temple?

I think we have to return the last game of our four-year deal with Louisiana-Lafayette this coming season.

I would like to see games in Chicago, PA, DC, NY, Calif, Colo and Texas as we have strong Alumni bases in those areas. We need to be having alumni events with "Renewing the Vision" in connection with our baseball and basketball games.

https://webapps.oru.edu/secure/alumniweb/renewingthevision_bf.php

We need to play some game back east. Maybe a game against St. Johns (Norm Roberts) or Liberty U in Va. Beach (a large alumni base). Liberty's new coach just brought in a top 50 class last year including Stephen Curry's younger brother.

The NCAA Tournament - makes stars over night, and brings others, who have already reached the heights, to their knees :-D

we may not see arkansas on the schedule for awhile...

Razorbacks Basketball Report

By Bob Holt

Posted on Sunday, March 30, 2008

(excerpt)

“ For next year’s ballclub we’ll try to make sure that we get in some situations where we can really bring ourselves along and get ourselves ready for conference play.” Series with Missouri and Oral Roberts have ended and Pelphrey said for now there are no plans to continue them.

“It’s always possible,” he said of playing the Tigers and Golden Eagles again in the future.

LINK

I vote for the Eagles coming out to South Carolina for a game or two.  I haven't seen them out here since they played in the College of Charleston Tournament a few years ago.  Within short driving distance of where I live is Clemson, UNC-Ashville, UNC-Charlotte, Winthrop, Gardner-Webb (knocked off Kentucky this year), South Carolina and College of Charleston.

So, if anyone has any pull . . . 

ORU fan in SC

I vote for the Eagles coming out to South Carolina for a game or two.  I haven't seen them out here since they played in the College of Charleston Tournament a few years ago.  Within short driving distance of where I live is Clemson, UNC-Ashville, UNC-Charlotte, Winthrop, Gardner-Webb (knocked off Kentucky this year), South Carolina and College of Charleston.

So, if anyone has any pull . . . 

ORU fan in SC

Get some people that think like you together, take a picture, pass around a petition and let the Athletic Department know. Then if any of the schools you mentioned agree to a home and home :-D, my guess is that your wish will be granted.

I don't have any good basketball universities nearby and my being Canadian  :wink: has absolutely nothing to do with that. In three and a half hours I can get to NDSU in Fargo, North Dakota, though, and was able to do so with a gang of road-trippers at the end of this past season. It was a great time and heartily to be recommended.

Great to have you on the board BTW.

we may not see arkansas on the schedule for awhile...

Razorbacks Basketball Report

By Bob Holt

Posted on Sunday, March 30, 2008

(excerpt)

“ For next year’s ballclub we’ll try to make sure that we get in some situations where we can really bring ourselves along and get ourselves ready for conference play.” Series with Missouri and Oral Roberts have ended and Pelphrey said for now there are no plans to continue them.

“It’s always possible,” he said of playing the Tigers and Golden Eagles again in the future.

LINK

What's up with Pelphrey? Are we not on the level of this 2nd choice coach? Challenge? How about getting kicked around by ORU for an entire half and then pulling it out at the very end? That's not a challenge?

Sure I'm making some assumptions but I think that what was implied by this article (which could have been implied by the author) is a tiny bit insulting.

Just one man's opinion. Thoughts?

I'm with you on this one Ron, theeagleman took it too far and I would hope that that kind of humor does not reflect what is accepted from the Alum or student body in anyway.

For all our sake theeagleman, try and keep this thread clean and relevant to the topic.

Get some people that think like you together, take a picture, pass around a petition and let the Athletic Department know. Then if any of the schools you mentioned agree to a home and home :-D, my guess is that your wish will be granted.

You can click your heels together and repeat "there's no place home-and-home" three times, for all it matters - the only way your "wish will be granted" to play South Carolina or any similar team is if we agree to play one game, at their place, with their conference refs, on a date they dictate, with no return game. 

But, the nice thing is we could probably get $50,000-$75,000 for our troubles...  :|