• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Golden Boy

• playball15

• SpaceManSpiff

• dbl78

Top Posters In This Topic

little side note...who told meatloaf he looked good with a mohawk?

its called a Fro-hawk... when your hair is curly like that.... and personally i think it looks way better than my last

Liberty had a lot of success driving to the basket in the middle of the second half but then quit doing it.  The inside game (other than the painful missed lay-ups) was decent but we were not using it enough and took way too many outside shots especially when everyone was cold.  Although, its hard to pass up those wide open 3s.  Creighton's defense gets little if any credit for our poor shooting.  We were wide open with time and just kept missing.

You could sight several factors in the one-point loss; but no one has mentioned the mental error:  a lane violation which gave them a point...

You could sight several factors in the one-point loss; but no one has mentioned the mental error:  a lane violation which gave them a point...

Is Shawn King sick or injured - he appeared healthy but only played 13 minutes?

If a ref wants to, he could technically call a lane violation on almost any free throw.  I was very disappointed by the timing of that call.

I wondered the same thing about Shawn King.  Marcus was playing well defensively, but he didn't really have the touch close to the basket.  I have no idea why he didn't play more than about 3 minutes in the 2nd half.  He is really our best post scorer, and we needed an offensive post presence in the worst way.  Honestly, if we can't get more consistent low-post scoring, an upset win in the NCAA tourney would be unlikely.

Even on the last play of the game, why not try to get the ball to Shawn King.  I guess too much risk of a turnover in a crucial situation.

I was surprised at how many calls that I thought were bad ones actually were pretty accurate when I saw them later while replaying the game:  the lane violation on the free throw, the no call on Adam's air ball jumper from the wing, Kelvin Sango's blocked shot.

The tall referee with the hiked-up pants was pretty bad, though - he had a couple of easy calls overruled by his running mates, and made a couple of phantom calls on Marchello and Marcus.

By the way, how bad was ESPN color analyst Bucky Waters?  Talked about us like we had just made the move to Division 1 - kept saying we were "trying to show we belonged" with the likes of Creighton.

Memo to Bucky:  ask USC, Georgetown, Seton Hall, Kansas, Tulsa, and Oklahoma State if we belong...

I was surprised at how many calls that I thought were bad ones actually were pretty accurate when I saw them later while replaying the game:  the lane violation on the free throw, the no call on Adam's air ball jumper from the wing, Kelvin Sango's blocked shot.

The tall referee with the hiked-up pants was pretty bad, though - he had a couple of easy calls overruled by his running mates, and made a couple of phantom calls on Marchello and Marcus.

By the way, how bad was ESPN color analyst Bucky Waters?  Talked about us like we had just made the move to Division 1 - kept saying we were "trying to show we belonged" with the likes of Creighton.

Memo to Bucky:  ask USC, Georgetown, Seton Hall, Kansas, Tulsa, and Oklahoma State if we belong...

+1 ... the game officials did a solid job all things considered (we're never happy when calls go against us whether it's the right call or not; replay showed most were appropriate); two of the refs were solid, but the third (before mentioned tall guy) has apparently undergone experimental surgery to have his testicals removed because there's no other way to explain how he could comfortably wear his pants pulled up that high.  :-o

PS...Bucky looks (and sounds) a lot like the guy I was visiting while watching the K-State/KU game a few weeks back.  :|

Did anyone notice that one of the referrees was Eddie Jackson, a referee that was fired from the Big 10 due to losing an eye in a freak accident. 

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/10/08/sport ... nd&emc=rss

Although I didn't realize it was him at the time, I did take note prior to the game that all the officials were from the Valley (although Jackson has done three of our games this season, including La-La, Oakland and the UMKC game last Thursday) and wondered if we were in for a more physical game.

I feel like I could puke

It's two days later and I'm just as ticked as 4pm on Sat.

I'm not upset AT our guys, just with the situation.  IMHO this loss will hurt our Seeding tremendously if we win the Summit Tourney.  I certainly hope I'm wrong.  TMH already told me he's in disagreement so for the teams sake I hope he's right, but I think this loss will potentially drop us from a 12 to a 14. 

I'm not in the right frame of mind still to do any kind of breakdown.  Maybe later

Guest Kings-Queen

Shawn was perfectly fine. There was nothing wrong with  him. The coach just didn't play him they didn't even give him an explanation as to why he didn't get to play either. So the coaches are the only ones who can answer that question.

Did anyone notice that one of the referrees was Eddie Jackson, a referee that was fired from the Big 10 due to losing an eye in a freak accident. 

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/10/08/sport ... nd&emc=rss

Although I didn't realize it was him at the time, I did take note prior to the game that all the officials were from the Valley (although Jackson has done three of our games this season, including La-La, Oakland and the UMKC game last Thursday) and wondered if we were in for a more physical game.

And he's still a heckuva lot better than most game officials, even with just one eye!!!  Great guy.

Shawn was perfectly fine. There was nothing wrong with  him. The coach just didn't play him they didn't even give him an explanation as to why he didn't get to play either. So the coaches are the only ones who can answer that question.

Several of us feel your frustration, Queen...no worries though, be encouraged because your man will be back strong this week and on into post-season play in March.  Time to move on.  He's having a terrific senior season, so why not make it even better with a nice little March Madness run!  :-D

he was pretty down after saturday so lets hope he bounces back cause he was not happy at all.

I'm sure, but encourage him to keep his head up!  Time to be his personal cheerleader, Queen!  You can do it!  :-D