What a fantastic game

EasyE112

Wow, even though we lost, what a fantastic game that was.  I overheard the Creighton radio announcer that ORU was definitely the more athletic team of the two.  It was so hard to swallow though.  All I know is that we lost last year on senior day and went on to win the Mid-Con Tournament.  It will probably be a good omen.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Golden Boy

• playball15

• SpaceManSpiff

• dbl78

Top Posters In This Topic

We really let this one slip away.  Just did not get the big basket when we needed it and

took some really questionable shots in big situations.  Scott can't be pleased.  Didn't appear to

be alot of strong senior leadership in situations we needed it.  A Lib and Moses had took several opportunities

and failed to capitalize.  Great teams win these ball games.  Hopefully we'll get it together for the rest of

the stretch run.  We had a chance to prove we were better than a so-so mid-major and didn't.

Just a horribly cold day, from 3 point land and inside.  If we shoot anywhere close to normal, it would have been a W.

I'm not too down over it though.  I still think we should get a 13 seed if we win out, or at worst 14.  Either way, it will be a VERY winnable game.  Our Real-time RPI is down to 59, but that OSU win is looking better all the time.

while the seniors had a tough night i was encouraged by the play of the juniors....chello, sango, and lewis all had good afternoons off the bench.  not sure if the whole "it's my last home game" contributed to the off night by the seniors, but they have nothing to be ashamed about.  they have all contributed to the great success of the golden eagles the last few years.

I'll have to say that I'm glad for OSU's win against Kansas...but it still hurts to have lost by ONE.  We were 4 of 23 in 3-point land, and that hurt us severely.  I hope it lights a HUGE fire for ORU to go in the homestretch with all they've got.

Am I alone in thinking that Lewis got winded a few times???  He played strong underneath, but he definitely looked tired during the fast breaks.

Go Golden Eagles!  It's good to be back after 6 years of just 'reading' the scores in the news.  I love these games!!!!!!

I love my oru team, but I think we have seen their limitations over the past week. They win the league against lesser competition but they do not dominate and have not shown the ability of late to win the big games (IUPUI and Creighton). If this is not true, this loss came at a perfect time for some soul searching. Win the last games, the tournament and pull off an upset. Do they have it in them? Now is the time for the players to dig deep inside and get the answer.

1. WAY too many threes

2. NO driving to the basket???

3. Missed layups

4. Missed Free-Throws

Yet we were still in the game somehow.

Yeah, I too am surprised that we only lost this one by 1.

What stood out to me, watching on TV, was ORU's inability to finish. Too many times would someone make go to the basket, get by their guy, and miss the layup. The result - at least 3 shots on TV of Scott & coaching staff with their faces in their hands in disbelief. That and the obvious bad outside shooting. If only we could've seen the Moses tonight that played in the game at WIU...

I do think the 4 games in 8 days caught up with the team in the end.

The team has exceeded expectations this year. They will win the Summit League with 20 + wins. They weren't blown out by Creighton. That is all more than respectable. I don't feel that they owe us as fans anything more this year.

But I wish for them, especially the seniors, that if there is still more potential in those bones, that they would discover it beginning with the Dakota games and on through the tournament. Do it like you can guys! This has been a great year but there is still a tremendous opportunity that lies ahead. Grab it: for you.

(Thanks everyone for letting me rant a little here.)

The team has exceeded expectations this year. They will win the Summit League with 20 + wins. They weren't blown out by Creighton. That is all more than respectable. I don't feel that they owe us as fans anything more this year.

But I wish for them, especially the seniors, that if there is still more potential in those bones, that they would discover it beginning with the Dakota games and on through the tournament. Do it like you can guys! This has been a great year but there is still a tremendous opportunity that lies ahead. Grab it: for you.

(Thanks everyone for letting me rant a little here.)

I agree but it was still disappointing. We could have had this one.

No question about it being a great game.  I'm a little disappointed in how we lost.  First of all, I didn't like the officiating towards the end of the game.  We got a couple BS calls against us on Creightons final trips down the court and the play Jarvis got hurt on should never have happened - the no call before he was tackled was unbelievable. 

The loss doesn't sting so bad when you think about losing by one when we go 4-23 from downtown and still had a shot at the end to win, but you gotta think how bad this would hurt if this game was the finals of the league tourney in two weeks.  Hopefully that shooting slump is out of out system and we go North next week and come back on fire.  I liked the intensity today and the atmosphere was FREAKING AWESOME!!!!

"I agree but it was still disappointing. We could have had this one."

Old valpo friend saying hi...watched a great game today.  THe above quote is the tagline for my crusaders season( at least HL play, anyways!)

Good luck in the summit leagure tourney! 

We have not seen our team reach its limits

Our season is not over and we can still make noise in the tournament

YES...yes I know it's heart breaking but enough with the negativity - let's concentrate on the lives of these college students who are working themselves to the bone...what they're feeling tonight is REAL heart break

Did we make bad decisions? Yes.

Did we have a horrible 3 point shooting percentage? Yes

Did we STILL have a chance to win the game through all of that? YES WE DID

Today we earned the respect of a lot of people around the country and certainly caught the eyes of people in the Missouri Valley Conference

Pray for those men that had to walk into the locker room knowing they let a lot of people down...

Pray for their strength and their morale...it'll be the way they respond to this moment that will determine if we get in the tournament and how far we go.

ORU nation is growing into a closer knit family with every game. I'm not saying we don't have a right to feel bad/be upset and I also realize that many of us have invested a lot into this...

All I'm saying is let's not forget where our heritage is rooted in.