Mart Green

OKC Eagle

You have to question the Brookers' motives a bit. I don't think they want to take the case to trial given their background. I assume that settlement discussions are taking place. Mart Green obviously thinks little of their case....

Part of the Brookers problem is that, other than the kooks posting on the TW board, nobody really cares about the lawsuit anymore.  Their 15 minutes of fame is over and there is a new sheriff in town.  ORU has very little incentive to settle with the Brookers, especially since their case against ORU has little or no merit.  Unlike Swails, I think reinstatement for the Brookers as part of the settlement is not even a consideration.

I have no basis whatsoever for this, but my guess is that the Brookers went beyond whistle-blowing into the realm of blackmail with the threat of releasing the Cantees memo.  Swails could have been just sticking up for profs in his department without being involved in the really egregious behavior, although something triggered the security march to the exit, a move that is usually designed to keep the fired employee from having further access to computer files.