Game

EagleFanatic

Prez - if I'm not mistaken, we did open the second half at La-La in a zone defense, and it made a difference early on, but not long term. Of course, the Cajuns found that draining 11-20 from beyond the arc is a good way to break a zone!

Still, after all the talk about the zone defense on this board over the last two years, and the Sutton family heritage, I thought it was a significant move for the coaches to shift to a zone, for at least a segment of the game. In this case, it didn't work, but this leads me to believe that we'll see more zone defense in key situations in future games. At least this is a step in the right direction!

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ORUIsbig

• EagleFanatic

• ORUTerry

• tmh8286

Top Posters In This Topic

We've seen a zone by the Goldan Eagles in several games, but always for a short span of time. It will never be the predominant defense as long as we have a Sutton at the helm. But I think Scott is making an effort to mix up the defense at least a little bit this season.