Mayhem in Macomb

Old Titan

In the bottom of the fourth inning of a scoreless game btween ORU and Valpo, an argument involving a Valpo baserunner being hit by a batted ball ended with Jake  Kahaulelio and Rob Walton being ejected.

This after Valpo head coach Tracy Woodson getting in the face of everyone from our players, coachers, and the umpires, yet stays in the game.

Meanwhile, you can hear the Valpo fans taunting Walton and our coaches from the stands.

When play finally resumed, Valpo cleared the bases with a two-out triple to take a 2-0 lead after four...

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Old Titan

• ORUTerry

• valpotx

• tmh8286

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't complain about our fans taunting your players/coaches, because when I was playing, your fans were pretty bad with that too.

Valpo is bush league.... always has been.  Must be the colors.

Valpo is bush league.... always has been.  Must be the colors.

Agreed.  Not going to miss those hayseeds one bit.

But always nice to have a Valpo troll talking smack on our message board - probably because no one cares about baseball over on his!

Here's my question:  where do Rob and Jake go now that they're thrown out?  That high school field they're playing on doesn't have locker rooms, and by rule they can't sit in the stands or even be inside the "park".

Are they out in the parking lot?  Outside the chain link fence?  In the bus?  In Ed Grom's rental car?

Agreed.  Not going to miss those hayseeds one bit.

But always nice to have a Valpo troll talking smack on our message board - probably because no one cares about baseball over on his!

Here's my question:  where do Rob and Jake go now that their thrown out?  That high school field they're playing out doesn't have locker rooms, and by rule they can't sit in the stands or even be inside the "park".

Are they out in the parking lot?  Outside the chain link fence?  In the bus?  In Ed Grom's rental car?

If you think my comment was talking smack, you must be pretty old.  Just pointing out that your fans are not the best as far as sportsmanship goes. 

I wouldn't talk about people going on other message boards, because you have a pretty persistent p.o.c. trolling our boards in eaglebackr!

And you, my friend, must be pretty young, since you have now twice used the same childish excuse as my 10-year-old son when hitting his sister:  "She did it, too!!"

What did Jake K do to deserve a one game suspension?  Based on what Hax was saying it sounded like Woodson should have been tossed.

I wouldn't talk about people going on other message boards, because you have a pretty persistent p.o.c. trolling our boards in eaglebackr!

lol

What did Jake K do to deserve a one game suspension?  Based on what Hax was saying it sounded like Woodson should have been tossed.

From all reports, Jake was tossed for "fighting", which carries a mandatory one-game suspension.

But it sounds like their coach started the whole thing by charging onto the field out of control.

This is an example of why Valpo should NEVER have been allowed to participate in this conference tournament.  With them leaving the league in a week, there is absolutely NO leverage on the part of the conference for their behavior.  Their coaches, players and fans can act like idiots with no repercusions.

If they play in the championship game tomorrow, and fall hopelessly behind in the game, what's to keep them from getting into a beanball war, or starting a brawl?

Nothing - that's what...

And you, my friend, must be pretty young, since you have now twice used the same childish excuse as my 10-year-old son when hitting his sister:  "She did it, too!!"

Young (26), successful, and proud to be a graduate of Valpo  :mrgreen:

Woodson addressing an opposing player on the field is bush league. Pure and simple.

Young (26), successful, and proud to be a graduate of Valpo  :mrgreen:

Well, son, let me tell you something regarding just about anything that you will hopefully learn with age:

"If you have to brag about it, it must not be that great." :roll:

Well, son, let me tell you something regarding just about anything that you will hopefully learn with age:

"If you have to brag about it, it must not be that great." :roll:

Then you should know that what applies to some, does not apply to all  :roll:

Woodson addressing an opposing player on the field is bush league. Pure and simple.

Faking an intentional walk is even more bush league.  Way to make them pay, Brian!

I've given up on the streaming video - it started out working well, but by the time the rumble broke out it started freezing up, and now I can't get video at all.

Disappointing, after paying fifteen bucks to see our games.

The Valpo coach fakes an intentional pass to Brian Van Kirk - throws a ball way outside to a standing catcher with first base open, then on the next pitch busts a pitch back in the strike zone.

Now that's bush!

Van Kirk laces an RBI double the very next pitch - ORU leads 4-2 going into the bottom of the 8th.

Faking an intentional walk is even more bush league.  Way to make them pay, Brian!

Please explain to those of stuck at work without a radio.....