Re: Mid-Con Yearly Honors

mickeyb

LOL.....  Opposing batters only hit .215 against Sully vs. .291 for Reichle.  For perspective purposes ... A batter whose batting average is .333 is hitting the equivalent of 1 hit for every 3 at bats.  Thanks for cleaning it up for me.  I don't know if I'll ever get the hang of these things called pc's

Mickeyb - point well taken, I thought that was what you meant.

LOL.....  Opposing batters only hit .215 against Sully vs. .291 for Reichle.  For perspective purposes ... A batter whose batting average is .333 is hitting the equivalent of 1 hit for every 3 at bats.  Thanks for cleaning it up for me.  I don't know if I'll ever get the hang of these things called pc's

:oops: :oops: :oops:

Gee Wiz!  I wonder what the other coaches REALLY thought about Sullivan when it came time to vote.  All in all...... not bad for a freshman. I know his team supports him big time.  He beat Fullencheck, he beat Yergin, he beat Withita State flat out. The team was 6-0 in games that he started.  They really should have an honorable mention category, because I think that he at least deserves that.  Hope you read this kid! I wonder what Old Titan has to say about this.   Go EAGLES!  This team is a special one...... we should do very well.

Irish, I totally agree with you on Jerry.  I think that he is going to be our #1 pitcher when next season rolls around.  Not only that, but others in the know agree.  On Baseball America's Prospect Plus site, they have Jerry listed as a five-star prospect with the following notation of what a five-star grade means:

Baseball America Grades

The Prospects Plus grading system breaks prospects down into five categories. Following are the category definitions that accompany each individual prospect report.

A 5-star player is one who projects to have the physical ability to be drafted in the top two rounds of the free agent draft after his senior year in high school. Few of these players will bypass an opportunity to play professional baseball immediately in favor of college baseball. As a college player, though, this type of prospect would be considered a cornerstone to a college program.

If it hadn't been for Jerry's Tommy John surgery, I don't think that he would have come to ORU (or any other college for that matter).  I also think that his surgery caused him to have a slow start and Rob "worked him in" until he was ready to go full blast, which he did against Wichita State.

In my unprofessional opinion, Jerry has a bright future as a Golden Eagle and as a pro in the future.

Mickeyb - all I can say is WOW!  Thank you for sharing that information. Pretty neat that we have him.  I just love the game and anyone who competes like today is the last game you'll ever play.

Chappy is like that.  I really believe that this year will be special.  Only time will tell.

By chance, could each school have been limited to two nominations for starting pitcher - and ORU named Chapman and Hefner?  That's the ONLY reason I can figure why Sullivan could've been left off of the All-Conference Team.

If this is true, then there must also be a rule that the Mid-Con Champion can't qualify as Coach of the Year, because that would be the ONLY way Rob Walton should have been left out. :roll:

Seriously, when the domination becomes so great that such pettiness sets in, it's time to move on to some new competition.  Let's hope the three new schools bring a fresh attitude to the Summit League - and simply vote for the best players and coaches.  What a novel concept!