• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ORUTerry

• ORU Eli

• Old Titan

• vcboy2000

Yes, from what I have heard - Dunn is supposed to be pretty good. He was recruited by several Big 10 schools before attending Cornerstone prep school. I think the coaches are optimistic about him contributing this coming year. We shall see...

They also speak well of Kyron Stoke, who is a 6'4" shooting guard with athletic skills. Coaches have said he is a combo ( 2 or 3) who can shoot. More athletic (and taller) than Tutt.... let's hope he can approach Ken's shooting touch and clutch scoring.

Yes, from what I have heard - Dunn is supposed to be pretty good. He was recruited by several Big 10 schools before attending Cornerstone prep school.

A couple from the SEC/C-USA as well

• [*:2hexwf4v]Georgia - made an official visit
    [*:2hexwf4v]Tennessee
    [*:2hexwf4v]Houston - unofficial visit
    [*:2hexwf4v]S. Miss

All 3 Cornerstone players were pursued by relatively big name schools... Houston, Liberty, Wyoming, Virginia, Wake Forest, Memphis, and George Mason. Of course that all means zilch, big names didn't bite on Tutt and he was ice cold.

We appear to have a lot of choices at wing/small forward: Ogunyoe, Sango, Allen, Dunn, N'Gom, Stokes, Howard and even Ehambe. Several of these could also play at a guard position.

I wish we had another 'banger' down low to join King, Vealy, Lewis and Morton. We might have to slip Ogunyoe down low at times. Having Honore would have been nice.

Why Dunn and not N'gom...is Dunn supposed to be a little more talented?

[/quote

Ok...I am really excited about Howard, but i have been out of the country on a missions trip the last month.....whats going on and who is dunn and Ngom.  can someone help me out a lil.....im just tryin to get caught up again

dont know what i din but in my last comment, my question is at the bottom in the box so if anyone knows something can u let me know. thanks

Jahaziel Howard is 100% coming to ORU, I was at college registration today because I am going this fall and I was in the financial aid office and Jahaziel came in with Coach Phipps just off his plane ride.  He is like 3 or 4 inches taller than me it looked like, im 6'1

Welcome Jahaziel! I imagine a lot (all?) of the guys will be on campus for the third summer school session. I will have my son - who is attending summer school in the 3rd and 4th sessions - to keep his eyes open for players. He might even have some in his classes.

Several publications have him listed at either 6'5" or 6'6" - and he is quoted as saying he could grow to 6'8". In pictures next to his brother, Dwight, he looks like he is only a few inches shorter than 6'10".... Most of these guys are shorter than their 'published' heights.

He would still be a very tall point guard if he can play that position.

Jahaziel Howard is 100% coming to ORU, I was at college registration today because I am going this fall and I was in the financial aid office and Jahaziel came in

FANTASTIC!!

Several publications have him listed at either 6'5" or 6'6" - and he is quoted as saying he could grow to 6'8". In pictures next to his brother, Dwight, he looks like he is only a few inches shorter than 6'10".... Most of these guys are shorter than their 'published' heights.

He would still be a very tall point guard if he can play that position.

...or maybe Chief is taller than he thinks he is!

Saw Howard today as well and thought he was every bit of 6'6. He is a very big guard.

Saw several of the other new guards from Texas as well. The words BIG and ATHLETIC come to mind. The days of the 6'1 shooting guard at ORU are over. Yemi will no longer be the single pair of long arms defending the perimeter.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Dwight Howard visit Mabee Center several times in the next few years.  That alone will add a level of prestige to the program.

I would say Jahaziel is about 6'6....Kyron Stokes is supposed to be coming in the next couple of days, I talked to him on Facebook, he was really excited

I am anxious to see all the new guys in action.... This year is going to interesting and fun.