ORU License Plate

Mike Minyard

• 1 year later...

Sure would be nice if this Eagle wasn't brown...  :|

That is the original Eli logo, and it apparently hasn't been updated.  I don't know if they can make the change immediately or not.  It might be one of those things where the tags were pre-made and can't make changes until they are all gone.  I don't know...

Basically, every color on this version is wrong:  the blue should be navy, the gold is too yellow, and the brown is too dark.  Plus, the "ORU" on the chest is the old font, not the italicized Aachen font we have had for years now.

I have tried calling the gal in charge of this program for the state a couple of times - she never returns my phone calls.  I've offered to provide them with the correct art and colors.  I will try it again today.

Finally got a hold of Pam Tarpley with the Oklahoma Tax Comission, and e-mailed her the correct logo.

She said the new plate could be available in 4-5 months, which would be right around when school starts...

Finally got a hold of Pam Tarpley with the Oklahoma Tax Comission, and e-mailed her the correct logo.

She said the new plate could be available in 4-5 months, which would be right around when school starts...

Great job!

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

:?

Out of the blue:  received a pre-production sample of the new ORU license plate in the mail today from the Oklahoma Tax Commission. 

The approval form will be mailed back to the OTC tomorrow. 

The new ORU plates should start showing up in tag agencies around the state in January or February.

Out of the blue:  received a pre-production sample of the new ORU license plate in the mail today from the Oklahoma Tax Commission. 

The approval form will be mailed back to the OTC tomorrow. 

The new ORU plates should start showing up in tag agencies around the state in January or February.

Another example of the power of the message board...  :-o  :-D  :roll:

Do you know if I can trade my current ORU-008 for the new style?

My guess is you would have to buy a new plate that would replace your current one.

Have never known tag agencies or the OTC to ever give a break on anything they can make a buck on (copies, faxes, etc.)

Have never known tag agencies or the OTC to ever give a break on anything they can make a buck on (copies, faxes, etc.)

No. But, I do remember when we bought a van below MSRP and they tried to charge us sales tax on the MSRP.  It took me two week of phone calls to finally get someone in OKC to back me up and say you can't charge taxes on more than the purchase price.  Would you go to the mall & pay sales tax on the regular price instead of the sales price? 

I'll give them a call and see if I can pay the extra for a new tag next year when the renewal comes up, rather than just get a sticker.