Mean to the referees

Guest HollowPoint

Bogus, it's a good thing I'm not a coach. I'd watch half of the game from the locker room :wink:

Let Mrs. Smith know we watched your movie & you two were great!

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• orumom

• vcboy2000

• tmh8286

• rlh

Top Posters In This Topic

But for those that don't think you get "home cookin' " in the Mabee Center, you certainly aren't looking at it from the opponents side. We believe you get every call your way, and we have to beat seven people ot have a chance....just the same as you believe that's the way it is at Valpo....everyone thinks the home team gets the calls...it's part of the game.....so get off the "we don't get any home cookin' at the Mabee"...that's just bull.......

rlh, let me ask it from a little different direction - don't you watch games that you have no emotional involvement in where you feel that the officiating is favoring the home team? I see it ALL THE TIME. I don't know why we shouldn't expect to see some of the same thing at our place.

I know you think that we do get home cooking at Mabee, but you have an emotional investment in the games you've watched there. I've heard comments from neutral visitors at ORU games that support our opinion.

In truth, officiating should be fair, equitable, and honest. We probably shouldn't even be hoping for an officiating benefit. But since we see it SO OFTEN elsewhere, it seems like it should go along with the home court advantage.

My $0.02:

Mabee Maniacs are cool and if TU had a similar organization, I would join. There isn't much rowdy in the Reynolds Rowdies right now.

I chimed in to say something about "home cookin", which IMO is strictly a term used by the opposition and everyone of them say they experienced it. Even on neutral courts..

At the TU vs Fla. St. women's games last night we had a very raucus section of fans "razzing" the ref's. It really gets to be comical, but last evening we had a "balanced" crew...

One Balding ref was making bad calls, and I can guarantee you that most of them were from the frequent "Hey Baldy, is the Glare from your own head blinding you to the correct call?" or "King Kong's eyeglasses aren't big enough to enable you to see the correct call!"

Then, there was the short blonde ref who kept forgetting where her whistle got off to...when it was in her mouth nearly all the time.

The third ref was really the best of the bunch she made good and bad calls in both directions, but at least she made the same number for each side.

Razzing the refs is becoming very common. But, it has to accomplish one very important thing. It must let the officials know that the crowd is knowledgable of the rules and intracacies of the game. When that can be done the officiating becomes less "biased". It's like Bogus was saying, knowledgable fans can make calls go your teams way just as well as those that don't making them worse.