ORU - TU Game Observations

ORUTerry

As for the things said on the TU board... I would like to say for the record that I corrected the most egregious talent evaluations, particularly those about MM, Owens and Tutt.

ash =o)

We appreciate it, Ash.

VC, My post was in response to this post in this thread made by one of your fans.

If you are directing this:

and what is this about Caleb realling wanting to go to TU and ORU fans having to deal?!?!?!?!? Dude, please lose your inferiority complex, NOW! Where has Caleb ever said that ORU was his second choice?

at me, then you are WAAAAYYYYYY! of base with that one.

Bas, I was commenting on another poster's statement. Point taken from the post by maniac prez. I see why you said that, just don't agree.

Tmh, i could not tell you were joking at all. Common flaw in communicating through message boards.

Basplayr, did you even read my post? You just proved the point I was making in my original post. Your whole post was based on an assumption that Caleb was smiling to rub it in TU's face. I was saying that he has never said that and that your argument is based on conjecture. Thank you for repeating what I said. You MUST have an inferiority complex if you think these are "attacks".

Maybe we are having a breakdown in communication. Read the post again and try to forget that I am a loyal TU fan but likes to follow both schools basketball programs.

I am addressing a statement made by your fan and directing my comments only to that statement. I have never said that I heard Mr. Green say, or even imply, that what your fan said was true.

What I said was I hope that it isn't true. Then I said, IF it is, that he should move on.

I did agree that it seems that he does enjoy the "rubbing it in", but remember I prefaced my post by stating that it was trying to come from an impartial observer view.

In other words, I was looking at it like someone that has no ties to either school and is looking at it without prejudice to one team or the other. Someone that doesn't know the "history" of the recruiting nuances or the intense bitterness that each schools fans have for each other.

Just for the record, I have no feelings of inferiority. I don't deal in the "smack" that is common to most rivals on these message boards. But I will defend attacks when I feel they are unwarranted.

I prefer to think that most of us can communicate on the same level. Obviously that isn't the case all the time, but for the most part it does happen. Hopefully, we can work out this little difference and come to an understanding that I have no ill feelings toward ORU or any of it's players or fans.

Bas, I was commenting on another poster's statement. Point taken from the post by maniac prez. I see why you said that, just don't agree.

Tmh, i could not tell you were joking at all. Common flaw in communicating through message boards.

VC, thanks for setting me straight on that, my appologies for jumping to the wrong conclusion.

I do understand what you are saying. When I originally read your post I thought you were an ORU fan and not a TU fan so what I am saying isn't coming out of contempt that you are a TU fan. Your point is well taken. I understand that your post was a response to an ORU post and not to anything Caleb has said. The point I was making was the whole argument was pretty pointless since it was all based on assumptions and not solid fact. As we have both agreed, Caleb has never said he smiles to rub it in TU's face.

Good response basplayr... I wasn't trying to talk smack and I don't get the feeling that you are bitter towards ORU.