Schedule 24-25

Keenan Henderson

Thinking of the new schedule and wondered if anyone remember’s any contract games outside of Missouri State @ home and @TU, 7 miles down the road? We may also see 3-4 non D1 games @ home again.

Good question.  The Oklahoma State and Texas-Arlington contracts have run their course; nothing else definitive other than Missouri State and Tulsa, and TU has on occasion proven fickle about playing the game, for debatable reasons.

Would be shocked if the Summit-Big Sky Challenge is not renewed; it appeared to come off better than expected in its inaugural season.  That would be two games right there, and if pairings are based on how the teams finished last year and where they might be ranked this season, there's no telling who ORU might be playing.

• Upvote 2

Good point about the Big Sky challenge, OT.  I had kind of forgotten about it.  It was solid last year and ORU had some interesting games with both the teams (Montanta State and Weber State).  Not sure how they pick which teams face each other.  If it is based on standings from last year then the Eagles would match up with the 8-9 teams from the Big Sky: Idaho and Idaho State.  I am hoping they travel to Northern Colorado because I live about 90 minutes away from there.

College basketball dark lord Will Wade has quickly built a formidable roster at backwater McNeese State; they may start this season in the Top 25 (for ALL schools, not just mid-majors).

South Dakota State is going to find out really quick how much not having Zeke Mayo and William Kyle might affect them this season.

Maybe new Green Bay coach  Doug Gottlieb will give ORU a home and home??? He has always loved us....🏀

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, theeagleman5 said:

Maybe new Green Bay coach  Doug Gottlieb will give ORU a home and home??? He has always loved us....🏀

Well, we are acclimated to their weather when traveling to Green Bay.  Maybe they can stay an extra day and take in a Packers game if they schedule it right.

Doug Gottlieb was friendly to ORU when Scott Sutton was here.  When Scott was fired I think the good vibes toward ORU went out the window.

21 hours ago, Old Titan said:

College basketball dark lord Will Wade has quickly built a formidable roster at backwater McNeese State; they may start this season in the Top 25 (for ALL schools, not just mid-majors).

South Dakota State is going to find out really quick how much not having Zeke Mayo and William Kyle might affect them this season.

"Neutral site game...inside the Sanford Pentagon."  That's rich.  That would be like when Alabama was playing games at Legion Field in Birmingham and calling that a neutral site.

• Haha 2

That is a strong opening night game for ORU.  It should be a good test for the Eagles and all their new players.  The good guys faced Minnesota on the road in Mills first season and played them tough.  Eman had a double double with 15 rebounds.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

LOL - gotta say, the boy's not afraid!  #shootyourshotshooter

• Upvote 2

I’m a little surprised Steve Lutz agreed to that. Gottlieb is a popular OSU alum coaching his first game. He had some people in the OSU fan base that wanted to hire him for the OSU job. Lutz is the guy they hired instead (although I doubt Gottlieb even had a chance at getting the job). If OSU loses that game, the fans that wanted Gottlieb at OSU will probably have an “I told you so” moment. Just seems like a high risk game for Lutz without much reward. 

• Upvote 3

If Green Bay is in Stillwater why not stop by Tulsa for a match with ORU?? 🤔

32 minutes ago, theeagleman5 said:

If Green Bay is in Stillwater why not stop by Tulsa for a match with ORU?? 🤔

Because we are in Minnesota at that time.  We open our season with a bunch of gophers. 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

0-1....:shield-logo:

54 minutes ago, theeagleman5 said:

0-1....:shield-logo:

Oh ye of little faith! 😁  We're going to go up there and get the "W" and the check! 💰

Then we will come back to Tulsa and whip up on some D-II opponent to make us feel even better. 

• Haha 3

Texas Tech's head coach spoke very highly of ORU last year and seemed to enjoy the match up.  He used to work with Paul Mills at Baylor and is most likely friends with Coach Springmann, too.  I thought the Eagles gave the Red Raiders a good game, except for struggling on the boards, last year.