ORU @ North Dakota State

Old Titan

7-3 good guys bottom of the 7th

• Like 1

@OKC Eagle and I had the stream as soon as the 2nd inning. The game listing on ORU Athletic site is jacked. I've been watching live stats thru the NDSU site.

On a positive note, the bats are finally out. ORU up 10-3 B9 with 17 hits in G1!

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Texasgrip said:

@OKC Eagle and I had the stream as soon as the 2nd inning. The game listing on ORU Athletic site is jacked. I've been watching live stats thru the NDSU site.

On a positive note, the bats are finally out. ORU up 10-3 B9 with 17 hits in G1!

I wonder if live stats came up about the same time that the stream did.

Oddly enough the stream came on shortly after I emailed the commissioner. 

• Upvote 1

ORU was up 5-2 in the sixth, but a walk-off home run after ORU tied the game in the top of the 9th, allowed the home team to win 7-6.  There were some bright spots in the day.  Bats were active (17 hits in the first game alone), pitching was good by Hall, Ure, and Fowler, but in the end we split the double header.

The teams meet up again tomorrow for the series win.

This team manages to collapse over and over. Just such a head-scratcher. 🙁

• Upvote 3

Heartbreaking.

Top of the ninth was the beginning of the end:  nothing to show for 1st-and-third and the heart of the lineup batting with just one out (strikeout & line out from #4 and #5 hitters). 

• Upvote 1

Yep just a really disappointing ending to what could have been the week the turnaround started. Instead it is just more of the same. 

• Upvote 2

Talk about a L-O-N-G bus ride home!!!  We are up 4-2 in the top of the 9th with the team's closer on to pitch (who happened to give the walk-off HR the game before) to bring the team home.  Instead, he gets the first batter out and proceeds to give up five straight singles (albeit one that was a bad hop at second base).  

Next up......Oklahoma State on Tuesday night.

Whoever was wondering about our recent discussion of our lack of fielding just pull up and watch the bottom of the 9th inning and you should be able to understand what some of us were talking about.  Granted there are  many other issues with this team as well, but just watch that one-half of the 9th inning to get an idea about our ability to field hit balls.  BTW, have a trash can handy because you may throw up after watching it.  

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Old Titan said:

Heartbreaking.

Top of the ninth was the beginning of the end:  nothing to show for 1st-and-third and the heart of the lineup batting with just one out (strikeout & line out from #4 and #5 hitters). 

This has been an issue ALL season long, with SO many wasted at-bats. Pop-ups, swinging at pitches outside of the zone on a three-ball count, failure to get a successful bunt down, not able to advance a runner from second to third with a productive out, and an inability to bring in a runner from third with a sac fly, to name a few. Obviously, no team is going to be perfect, but the one that performs better on these fundamental “little things” will win games that they normally wouldn’t.  And a team that performs as poorly as ORU has in these situations will lose a lot of very winnable games, as proven so far this season.  

• Upvote 2

Hard to believe that the host team for the Summit League Tourney won't be involved....gotta be historic.....and very painful if it happens....but looking more and more likely every weekend unless this team starts winning.....Image result for george costanza photos