ORU @ North Dakota State

Old Titan

This is always good news for the Friday game, that means I get to watch baseball at work!

• Like 1

Definition in Fargo for "anticipated cold temperatures":  40 degrees with 20+ mph winds (according to Weather.com for 3:00 pm Friday)

Freezing Steve Martin GIF

• Upvote 1

Ah....Planes Trains and Automobiles is one of TheEagleman's favorites....and Shocking news that it's going to be cold in North Dakota....after all it's only mid April......it could still snow at any time.....😬

• Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, Old Titan said:

The consistent problems with playing late fall and spring sports in the Dakotas.  It's a great place in June/July though.

• Like 1

During my 2 years in Grand Forks and 14 years in Minot, my wife and kids came to love the warmth, friendliness, and heartiness of the people. However, we experienced snow at least once in every month except in July. When out-of-state friends came to visit, we knew they wanted to see us. When we lived in Florida 30 minutes from Disney World, we suddenly had lots of "friends" wanting to come and stay with us a few days. Now, when asked about life in the Dakotas, I reply with a modified cliche: "It's a great place to live, but you wouldn't want to visit there."

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, Old Titan said:

This explains why I got a softball game when I started the stream a few minutes ago.  Ugh!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Am I the only one getting 20 seconds of video of the NDSU softball field and then flip back the "Watch" screen?

4 minutes ago, Otis 83 said:

Am I the only one getting 20 seconds of video of the NDSU softball field and then flip back the "Watch" screen?

No. Has the game been postponed again?

4 minutes ago, tmh8286 said:

No. Has the game been postponed again?

Nope.  I'm listening to Adam because the Summit League Network on MidcoMinus is a complete waste of my money.

• Upvote 1

How are you getting him? I thought the only access now was through Midco.

I noticed there is no link for livestats either.

Go to the ORU athletics website, then scroll down on the schedule.  When you come to the game, click on preview, and links to both "Behind the Mic" and "Live Stats" can be found there.

Unless I'm missing something (which is entirely possible) I'm not finding either there today. Surely there must be a link to the ORU broadcast somewhere!!

I'm streaming Adam off of the ORU Sports app on my phone.  I can't find live stats either.  I emailed the commissioner to tell him he's full of crap.  (See my Summit League thread in the Summit forum).  As best I can tell the game is tied at 2.

UPDATE:  54 minutes after first pitch the game is now streaming.  

4 minutes ago, Otis 83 said:

I'm streaming Adam off of the ORU Sports app on my phone.  I can't find live stats either.  I emailed the commissioner to tell him he's full of crap.  (See my Summit League thread in the Summit forum).

Thanks so much, Otis!! I don't know what ROCK I've been living under, but I didn't even know there was an app. I've now got it on my phone and, after a bit of fumbling, found Adam's broadcast!! Thanks so much for your help!!

BTW, I checked the NDSU site and live stats weren't working on there, either. I wonder if NDSU just isn't dealing with the technology issues for this game or something. It IS pretty pathetic.

Game is finally playing on Midco Sports, FWIW!

(*Oops! Just saw that Otis already had posted this 😊)

Welcome to the 21st century @tmh8286  We are thrilled to have you join us 🤣

• Like 1