ORU @ Northern Colorado

Otis 83

47 minutes ago, TrueBlue82 said:

This year, a 2-0-1 series is definitely a WIN.  And, coming back with two runs in the final inning to steal a tie from what looked like a sure loss is about as close to a sweep as you can get.

Here's an interesting stat...through the first four series of the Summit season, the home team has a record of 8-19-1.🥴  Hopefully, we can get the home team a little closer to even next week at JLJ.

💯 The boys battled with two outs to grab a tie out of the jaws of defeat. Sure I would rather have a win but I thought a loss was almost certain when the Bears went up 5-3. 

I thought it was an interesting move to bunt Thompson to third to make it 2 outs down 2 runs. It paid off as Davis, Rogers and Rodriguez all delivered 2 out singles. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Otis 83 said:

💯 The boys battled with two outs to grab a tie out of the jaws of defeat. Sure I would rather have a win but I thought a loss was almost certain when the Bears went up 5-3. 

I thought it was an interesting move to bunt Thompson to third to make it 2 outs down 2 runs. It paid off as Davis, Rogers and Rodriguez all delivered 2 out singles. 

"An interesting move" was not exactly what I was thinking at the time - especially with the bat in Cam LaLiberte's hand.  I would have had him swinging away as the runner could have been just as easily stranded on third as making his way home. 

I don't understand the strategy for bunting in that situation, but I also don't know the limitations that may exist with Cam's injury(ies) and what was the best for that situation, so I will just leave it for the coaches' smart play. 

In a normal circumstance, being two runs down (not one) to tie, how is it good strategy to bunt in that situation?

58 minutes ago, Bogus Smith said:

"An interesting move" was not exactly what I was thinking at the time - especially with the bat in Cam LaLiberte's hand.  I would have had him swinging away as the runner could have been just as easily stranded on third as making his way home. 

I don't understand the strategy for bunting in that situation, but I also don't know the limitations that may exist with Cam's injury(ies) and what was the best for that situation, so I will just leave it for the coaches' smart play. 

In a normal circumstance, being two runs down (not one) to tie, how is it good strategy to bunt in that situation?

Not exactly on brand for me, but I was trying to be diplomatic. 🤣

TheEagleman will take it....🤩.....PS.....any chance they will just complete this 5-5 game when the teams play at JLJ in May??? That would make sense to just pick it up where they left off.....😎

I thought the same thing about that bunt; never seen anything like it in that situation (down two runs in the [presumed] final inning, one out, man on second).

I'm wondering if LaLiberte did it on his own trying to get a hit; maybe thought the pitcher wasn't coming off the mound in a good defensive position?

Remains to be seen whether that tie will help or hurt in the final analysis.  HUGE series this weekend hosting St. Thomas.  Really need a sweep!

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, Old Titan said:

HUGE series this weekend hosting St. Thomas.  Really need a sweep!

💯🎯

Sweep!?!?!?...ORU is 4-7 and in last in the Summit and you guys are talking SWEEP???? Image result for playoffs Jim Mora photos

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, theeagleman5 said:

Sweep!?!?!?...ORU is 4-7 and in last in the Summit and you guys are talking SWEEP???? Image result for playoffs Jim Mora photos

Yes.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, theeagleman5 said:

Saw a LOT of good signs this weekend:  more aggressive at the plate and on the base paths, better pitch management in the count, even (a little bit) better defense.

Look, it may not last, but based on history alone every team in the league is hearing this right now in their dreams...

• Like 3

TheEagleman loves the positive waves....let's see if this improved play continues on Tuesday vs Missouri State and over the weekend vs. the Tommies...GO BLUE!!!! :tb-blue:

Look I am not pointing fingers or making judgment calls about anyone on this Board, but let me suggest something.  Before you post bold predictions on here you may want to put the crack bowl down, back away from the liquor cabinet and quit eating those brownies you made that have the "herb of the field" in them.  Also, lay off the mushrooms too.  

8 minutes ago, ORU82 said:

put the crack bowl down, back away from the liquor cabinet and quite eating those brownies you made that have the "herb of the field" in them.  Also, lay off the mushrooms too.  

Sounds like my 18th birthday party! 🤪

BOLD PREDICTION 4/8/24:  Currently last-place ORU will play in the championship game of the 2024 Summit League baseball tournament for a berth in the NCAA Field of 64.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Old Titan said:

HUGE series this weekend hosting St. Thomas.  Really need a sweep!

Bringing my broom on Sunday as a statement of faith!!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I guess TheEagleman is lacking in that kind of faith and will gladly take 2 of 3 vs. St. Thomas....GO BLUE!!! :shield-logo:

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Old Titan said:

BOLD PREDICTION 4/8/24:  Currently last-place ORU will play in the championship game of the 2024 Summit League baseball tournament for a berth in the NCAA Field of 64.

BOLDER PREDICTION 4/9/24:

Currently last-place ORU will earn the right to host the Summit League Tournament at JLJ in May 2025. (I’m just saying there’s a chance…)😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

On 4/8/2024 at 5:33 PM, tmh8286 said:

Bringing my broom on Sunday as a statement of faith!!

Let's gooooo!