SDSU at ORU

theeagleman5

First of all, ORU will return to the CWS before the Cowboys will return to the NFC Championship game but that's beside the point.

Some perspective was offered on Twitter by John Caravalho "we aren't the only ones who had a tough weekend."

LSU drops 2 out of 3 to Mississippi St and gets run ruled on Sunday.  This isn't the Mississippi St of the Will Clark/Rafael Palmeiro vintage.  This version of the Bulldogs was picked to finish dead last in the SEC West by Baseball America.  While LSU was predicted to finish first.  I don't know if there is any comfort in this but I thought I would share nonetheless.  

I could only hear snippets of the postgame interview on Sunday due to what I assume were technical difficulties with the wireless mic.  What I could make out was Coach Fulmer saying we aren't getting the effort that we need.  Not a lot of time to "coach 'em up" before we head out to UALR on Tuesday.

Newflash....we AIN'T LSU!!!...lol.....still it's embarrassing to lose 3 at home to SDSU...just thinking that's never happened with any Summit team.....TheEagleman does NOT expect a CWS appearance or even a Regional win every season but dang it ORU MUST win the Summit EVERY YEAR....The Summit is one of the lowest rated D-1 baseball conferences in the nation...it stinks....the Dakota teams can't even play home games until April.....and also...not expecting us to whip OSU, OU and Arkansas every year but hey we need to be beating Evansville and competitive with Wichita St and others of that ilk......understood ORU has lost a ton of talent from the 2023 squad but is the cupboard that bare already??....thought we had some really good portal transfers and pitchers ready to step in...apparently not.....sorry but this is just NOT ACCEPTABLE at ORU and not what we have come to expect.....not expecting 50 wins a year and not even 40....but above .500 and Summit League Champs ALL THE TIME..THEEAGLEMAN IS NOT HAPPY!!!...not at all...sorry to vent but i know most of you agree and the ones that don't are just in denial...admit it!  image.jpeg.d9720a5a72bd81b06b0cb05468887a21.jpeg

• Upvote 2

Just as an aside, is there any truth to the rumor that in keep with fielding a pitching staff that loves the HBP, we are in a recruiting war with Cleveland for a hot young prospect from the California Youth Penal League who can really bring the heat?  I think his name is Ricky "Wild Thing" Vaughn.  Asking for a friend.  😉

• Haha 2